When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1st AP ROO Purchase

Scouser2020

Just purchased my 1st roo off fellow member and i cant wait to receive it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Its this beauty here:

Ive admired the AP brand for a while but never took pulled the trigger on one, from the collections

some of you guys have i can see it can become quite an addictive brand especially the ROO.

Im a bit concerned about the probs with the sec@12 movement but the seller assures me this one runs nice

and smooth. I want the watch to last a long time though so will be looking at having it serviced.

Im in the UK any pointers who is best to contact to carry out this service?

Cheers

Congrats to that purchase....very nice piece you will get.

I don´t think that a relume for the GREY Themes is really necessary as the gen has only weak lume (dark grey lume does not glow like white!)....and for the service....use the watch as is and have it serviced when the watch makes any problems, your model will probably have the added jewel for the seconds gear and the watch might last years before any service will be needed.

Cheers

Theo

Congrats to that purchase....very nice piece you will get.

I don´t think that a relume for the GREY Themes is really necessary as the gen has only weak lume (dark grey lume does not glow like white!)....and for the service....use the watch as is and have it serviced when the watch makes any problems, your model will probably have the added jewel for the seconds gear and the watch might last years before any service will be needed.

Cheers

Theo

I've got to disagree with Madred.

Although it might not be necessary to get the watch serviced right now, you shouldn't wait till something goes wrong. A proper service will guarantee that this watch ticks for years to come. :)

your advice is all welcome guys, i think i will be waiting til a month or 2 before sending for service anyways as ive not got the funds this month after buying the watch ;)

from the seller i believe the watch was purchased originally from josh in december - do you think it will have the extra jewel only being a month or so old? ive heard this helps the movement a lot.

Hi Scouser,

The watch was originally bought by me, and suprised to see it has been flipped so quickly!

It is a lovely watch and I remember looking at the seconds hand and thinking it was actually quite smooth. I personally wouldn't service it for atleast 6 months.

This model ROO is one of the latest ones and has the updated grey dial with correct inner bezel and darker numbers so it does have the extra jewel.

(I asked Josh this to make sure)

Wear it in good health!

Edited by HR911

DISAGREE....I have 16 ROO´s now and I had over 24 of them last year....only 1 of them failed twice (RB2) and that was also after a proper service and graphite treatment and gear-correction, so you´ll never know.

I take the road of "wear-untill-it-dies" and so far I almost never happened to see one of my babies dieing (OK OK, with so many ROO´s at hand I exchange my watches every day and don´t wear a single pice for longer than 2 weeks in a row :D ).

Anyway, why should I get new soles on my new shoes before it´s really necessary?

Only my 0.02$...cheers mates,

Theo

I hope to receive my first ever AP (a Black themes) on Monday. It has cleared customs as shown on the EMS website. Now looking at the Grey Themes, I am thinking I should have purchased that one. Oh well, it can be my next buy.

Enjoy the watch.