When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Valjoux 7732 vs 7734

marcoxxx1984

How hard do you guys think it would be to convert a 7733 to a 7734? Given the number of 7032 sets that are flying out the door as a result of DW sale I expect that 7734 will get harder to come by where as 7733 seems to be plentiful. Just curious of the involvement and whether it is worth attempting. Looking for options.

How hard do you guys think it would be to convert a 7733 to a 7734? Given the number of 7032 sets that are flying out the door as a result of DW sale I expect that 7734 will get harder to come by where as 7733 seems to be plentiful. Just curious of the involvement and whether it is worth attempting. Looking for options.

Over the past year, it's become a lot harder just to find the parts to convert a 7734 from a 30- to a 45-minute counter. I'd imagine it's near-impossible to source all the parts needed to add a date component to a 7733.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble finding info on the 7732 myself, but here it is in the flesh:

Size is the same as 7734 (31.05mm).

My DW 7032 case is on the way, let's hope I can stick it in there, unless the experts see a problem already, if so please advise :)

D...If your DW case happens to be too big for the 7732, I have DW case that was a tad to small to stick a 7734 in...I can swap mid-cases with you.

So you think it might not fit? Too high?

I honestly don't know. Your 7732 bears a greater resemblance to a Valjoux 234 than to a 7734, but it's hard to be certain about anything in pictures.

The black 6239 dial looks great! I was worried about the clarity and contrast of the ROLEX COSMOGRAPH text, since it looks so gray and dingy in DW's pics. It looks much better in the sunlight.

I honestly don't know. Your 7732 bears a greater resemblance to a Valjoux 234 than to a 7734, but it's hard to be certain about anything in pictures.

The black 6239 dial looks great! I was worried about the clarity and contrast of the ROLEX COSMOGRAPH text, since it looks so gray and dingy in DW's pics. It looks much better in the sunlight.

Supposedly it took flyingwedege a few dials to get it right. So there might be some discrepancies between different dials ...

i managed to win a vintage watch off ebay with a 7734, but it has a 30 minute counter - what stuff do i need to convert it to a 45 minute one?

You will need to get the following parts. 8120 "sliding gear mounted 45 min". which is the same part for both 7733 and 7734.

You will also need part 8040 "Minute-recording runner, mounted 45 min". specific to the 7734.

There is also the mysterious part 8000/3 "Chronograph runner, mounted 45 min". but i think LHOOQ did the conversion using the 30 min part 8000.

Hope this helps

Cheers

cheers for the quick response mate!

ive just done a quick search on cousinsuk and have found the following:

Sliding Gear Mounted ( 8120 ), Valjoux 7733 - £26.70

Minute Recording Runner, Mounted, 45 Minute, Height 7.22mm ( 8040 ), Valjoux 7734 - £24.95

Chronograph Runner, Mounted, Height 8.90mm ( 8000 ), Valjoux 7734 - £19.95

... PRICEY!

But i think that should do it yes?

Thanks again for your help!

Deja: As Milgauss noted, my 7032 still has the chronograph runner it came with i.e. part #8000 rather than #8000/3. To this day, I do not know what the difference is between the two (height?), but #8000/3 is the correct part for the 45-minute counters.

The chrono on my watch runs, but the operation is not perfect. Whether that's due to the runner or to something else (I did drop it onto the sidewalk last October), I'm not sure.

If anyone out there is selling #8000/3 and knows where to get one, please let me know. I think J. Borel carries it, based on a sales post I read a few months ago.