When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need my movement servicing! Please help!

Lee5150

Hello guys,

I'm worried about my BCE movement. It has worked perfectly fine for weeks but has recently started stopping. I can no longer hear the rotor spinning inside and can only charge the movement by manually winding it.

I have read on these forums that you should always get an A7750 serviced after purchasing one due to poor Asian quality control.

I am based in leeds in the UK and was wondering if somebody may be able to service this watch for me. It was a Christmas present from my parents and I'd hate for them to think they had bought me a faulty watch.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

first things first, STOP winding the damn thing

secondly 7750 rotors are known to stick (even after servicing) from time to time so take a chill pill on that too

next time you want to start 'er up, put her face down in your palm or a pillow and twirl the case gently around

in most cases, that should be all it takes to get the movement going

if not then drop a line to any of our world famous in rep world modders and ask them to accommodate your watch in their schedule

Thanks chronoluvvv,

I will try that next time.

does winding it damage it? I was not aware of that.

Also, how long should I twirl it for? The rotor used to spin like crazy. I can hear it moving inside but not NEARLY as friction free as it was. It will stop after about a 1/4 of a turn.

Can you recommend any modders on here that are in the UK?

Many thanks

Lee

Edited by Lee5150

Try removing the caseback, maybe the screw came loose

Yep, a common problem. Remove the caseback carefully. If the screw has come loose you don't want it to fly out because you'll never find it. Work over a dark cloth, that way you'll be able to turn the watch over and see what falls out. If indeed the rotor screw has come loose, simply find the screw and re-attach the rotor. If not, look at the case clamps, they have a habit of coming loose and impeding the movement of the rotor.