When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PO 42mm clasp replacement

ingenieur

Hi guys, I just bought the Omega PO 42mm 5th generation bracelet but the clasp seems not close properly, I had search in http://www.ofrei.com/page666.html the genuine replacement but confuse between two types:

- Omega PO Bracelet Clasp 1580952

- Omega PO Bracelet Clasp 1579/951

do we need the clasp attachment links?

please advice thanks

Is the diver extension properly closed?

I mean, properly placed in the closed position. The extention where it folds has a F lange that sticks out and it should be inside the crossbar that keeps it in place, when the diver extension is not properly closed the F lange sticks out and rests on the crossbar, not allowing the clasp to close properly.

In here: http://www.chronocentric.com/omega/seamaster.shtml

There is further explanation on the part "What is the Bracelet Diver's Extension for and how do I use it?"

Even when the shown example watch is a classic seamaster, the advice applies to the PO diver extension.

Hope this Helps :D

Edited by arizac

Is the diver extension properly closed?

I mean, properly placed in the closed position. The extention where it folds has a F lange that sticks out and it should be inside the crossbar that keeps it in place, when the diver extension is not properly closed the F lange sticks out and rests on the crossbar, not allowing the clasp to close properly.

In here: http://www.chronocen...seamaster.shtml

There is further explanation on the part "What is the Bracelet Diver's Extension for and how do I use it?"

Even when the shown example watch is a classic seamaster, the advice applies to the PO diver extension.

Hope this Helps :D

Hi mate, yes I read the informatio, the Diver had been close properly, thanks for sharing

The diver's extension is a portion of the bracelet clasp that, when popped open, extends the length of the bracelet by 3.1 centimeters (about 1.25 inches). This allows it to instantly change from being sized to fit on your bare wrist to the larger size needed to fit over the sleeve of a wetsuit. While interesting, this is a feature that is of virtually no use to anyone who is not a wetsuit diver. Though it could be used to wear the watch on the outside of an elastic jacket cuff in cold weather.

smp_divers_ext_close.jpgOne critical point to note when operating the diver's extension is to ensure you have closed it properly when done. The small [censored] on the extension must fit under the crossbar. Failure to close it properly can interfere with the main bracelet clasp--causing the clasp to pop open unexpectedly while you are wearing the watch.

1580/952 is the smaller 42mm PO

1579/951 is 45mm UPO size

thanks for the info my friend