When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some HQ photos of my SS Datejust...

Valty

Hello RWG :)

A little history about this Daydate : before knowing this great place, I was looking for a "good" rep, just to see...

So after searching for 1 month over the web, I finally decided to order a Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL on a website that inspired me confidence. For information, the website is "swiss - expert dot net". You will see later it's not an ad at all :yeah:

The watch was $150, the photos on the website weren't too bad, so I was not so afraid about a scam, it was just a test without any knowledge of the reps...

After 2 weeks, surprisingly, the watch arrived in a well-made package. Unfortunately, the watch was a pure piece of crap, not the same as the photos. I will not wasting my time to show you this. Immediately, I have contacted them to ask "why this sh*t ?" (without any hope :whistling:).

Surprisingly again, they accepted the return of the watch. So, I returned the watch to them in China. Obviously, my chance was limited, and a refund was impossible (:rolleyes:).

If you go to the website, you can see there is 2 kind of rep's : Japanese ( :rofl: ) and Swiss grade. The Mille Miglia was a "Japanese".

The only choice to me was :

1- Lost $200 (watch, box, papers, shipping, bla bla)

2- Order a "Swiss grade" watch from them (with a remove of $200), witch are absolutely overpriced

I am player :thumbsupsmileyanim: I decided to order this SS Datejust for (sic) $358 (witch is really $158 added). And the result is not so bad than I expected ! :Jumpy:

- The case is good

- The dial is very good (to me)

- IMO, the magnifier on the date is a 2X instead of a 2,5X. You will probably confirm or infirm me !

- The hands are good

- The crown is good

- The bracelet looks good, but obviously, no hollow links here. The engravements are good too.

- The clasp is good

- The date is correctly aligned

- I don't know what to think about the date font, it looks good, but I don't know if it's the Rolex font used here. Please light me :)

They said there is a "Swiss ETA" into this one. I think it's false, but I will check the next week. I will receive a Bergeon-like tool to open it and see. Anyways, the movement keeps good time (~+10sec / day), the auto-winding works fine, and the power reserve seems good. Also, the date changer is good, and the setting of the time feels firm and good. Hack working too.

Now, the photos... I have just played a little with the RAW, no Photoshop-crazy-things here :) Sorry for the little dust traces !

DSC_1235_mod.jpg

DSC_1240_mod.jpg

DSC_1246_mod.jpg

DSC_1253_mod.jpg

DSC_1261_mod.jpg

And a better view for the date :

DSC_1242_mod.jpg

Let me know what do you think about this one !

I will sell it soon, when the movement will be checked.

As this watch comes from a "little scam" site, I obviously cannot sell it the same price I paid, so, can you tell me in your opinion how much it might worth ?

I was thinking about $150-$200 instead of $358. Tell me what do you think about that :drinks:

Thanks for reading :)

Valty

Thanks for your evaluation Noel :)

Yep, in my case, I was very lucky to have a good watch in the end. This is why I created this thread !

Currently, I know RWG, so I will not buy anything to this kind of dealer now :thumbsupsmileyanim:

NOTE: It's a 28,800 bph movement, the seconds hand run pretty smoothy !

Edited by Valty

Looks like a gen ETA 2836-2.

Eight holes (instead of four) in the reversing wheels

Brushed look of the mainspring barrel

Three indents (instead of one in copy) for removal of balance jewel shock spring

General look of brand engraving

General look of regulating screw and ledger markers

Looks right. Very fortunate.