When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which base is better for a snowflake project?

blackdice

Red, I know what you mean! A day without a Snowflake is almost unbearable! :cry2:

I've got a 9411 made up from a Josh 5512 case, Yuki dial and custom hands, with a low dome T-19. That's the one that will be up for sale, with the original gen tropic-125 on the side. The other is a verrrrry tasty little 7016 with all gen parts in a Phong case. Yum!

I have found that in the gen world and gen caseback from a particular reference number will fit and interchange with other gen cases in that reference. In the rep world a caseback from a rep case that is exactly the same as the other one will fit, however, you can't always interchange a caseback with a case from another rep manufacturer. Rule of thumb is...if it fits, good, if not try something else.

Oh the wonderful world of reps.

I have found that in the gen world and gen caseback from a particular reference number will fit and interchange with other gen cases in that reference. In the rep world a caseback from a rep case that is exactly the same as the other one will fit, however, you can't always interchange a caseback with a case from another rep manufacturer. Rule of thumb is...if it fits, good, if not try something else.

Oh the wonderful world of reps.

Amen sir. Amen.

E