When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

24-702 crown & tube w/ hollow dots

usmctowgnr

I just picked up what I think is a pretty cool buy on ebay. I got a lot of parts that came off of a late 70's sea dewller. The lot came with the original 24-702 crown & tube along with its T-39 Crystal. I have only seen this kind of crown one other time. This 702 with gen tube goes with the other gen 24-702 crown and rep tube I have. Any info on this crown is greatly appreciated.

24-702Hollow.jpg

1665Lot.jpg

Good score!!! There was a thread on VRF a few weeks ago with a crown looking similar to yours. The consensus was that it was simply over polished. It is hard to see the tube in the bag. Do you think it is useable? Also, I would check the crystal for any crack along the bottom outer rim if you plan on using it. Or just be careful near water :)

Link to VRF conversation:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207593/message/1298566375/Submariner+168000+Crown+question

Thanks for the link omgiv. I saw the one where the dots were referred to as donuts. Its nice to read people like steve m and mark g chime in that they have seen them and they are legit albeit pretty dart. I have also found where they are referred to as a 24-701 and possibly the first variant triplock. If the tube is bad I have a rep tube for a 24-702.