When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gasket on 005 crown

Tom Hawkes

Hey folks. Got my 005 today and I am pretty pleased overall.

However there seems to be no gasket at all inside the crown or the tube as far as i can see. :thumbdown: Is this correct for those new models with the new crowns and hexa-tubes?

The older modded reps I had, had always gaskets at the base of the stem inside the crown..

Also the lever closes super tight and hard, so I'm not sure if a gasket would even fit there. I saw some pictures of springloaded crowns that had the gaskets along the winding stem, but I doubt the H-factory reps have that. Didn't take it apart however and didnt find anything regarding that gasket for the 005.

On this picture from HeadToucha it seems like theres agasket inside, however not the round ones like on the old reps but a flat ring?

21314403.jpg

Can someone please educate me? :drinks:

Edited by Tom Hawkes

In the picture, you are correct, the new 005 does have a flat gasket and not the tubular type. You are also correct that the 005 lever closes a bit too tight, but there's room for the gasket nonetheless as it sits in a recess and the force of the lever will compress the rubber regardless.

Hey folks. Got my 005 today and I am pretty pleased overall.

However there seems to be no gasket at all inside the crown or the tube as far as i can see. :thumbdown: Is this correct for those new models with the new crowns and hexa-tubes?

The older modded reps I had, had always gaskets at the base of the stem inside the crown..

Also the lever closes super tight and hard, so I'm not sure if a gasket would even fit there. I saw some pictures of springloaded crowns that had the gaskets along the winding stem, but I doubt the H-factory reps have that. Didn't take it apart however and didnt find anything regarding that gasket for the 005.

On this picture from HeadToucha it seems like theres agasket inside, however not the round ones like on the old reps but a flat ring?

21314403.jpg

Can someone please educate me? :drinks:

Are the 005s back in stock now? Last week, none of the dealers I checked with had them.

:pimp:

They should be everywhere next week.. but some do have them :)

Thanks PeteM. Seeing your pictures, definitely no gasket in mine.. Do you know the dimensions of it? Are those two gaskets in the crown? Looks like it on the last picture.

@mrboombasteke

I had it ordered on 19.2. and it was shipped right away.. It just arrived today with a massive delay. But I read somewhere that the dealers will get the new stock on 15.3..

Edited by Tom Hawkes

Thanks PeteM. Seeing your pictures, definitely no gasket in mine.. Do you know the dimensions of it? Are those two gaskets in the crown? Looks like it on the last picture.

@mrboombasteke

I had it ordered on 19.2. and it was shipped right away.. It just arrived today with a massive delay. But I read somewhere that the dealers will get the new stock on 15.3..

Yes mate but its covered by that hex tube you see in pic so maybe thats why you cant see it...

I can calliper it if you want...where do you want the gasket to sit up in the crown..? Or rather are you modding it or is it staying a 005K?

Yes mate but its covered by that hex tube you see in pic so maybe thats why you cant see it...

I can calliper it if you want...where do you want the gasket to sit up in the crown..? Or rather are you modding it or is it staying a 005K?

Well when I pull the crown all out I should be able to see the gasket inside the recessed area of the crown, no? But it's just bare metal.

Would be awesome if you could calliper the gasket(s), so I know what to order. Doesn't need to be right now, but when you have a spare minute in the next days.. As for modding it: Nope, I want it to stay a 005K. So if it just fits the way it's supposed to be like on yours I'm fine. Crown/case spacing is not an issue for me, so standard gasket will do, I guess.

Thanks in advance! :drinks: :drinks:

Edited by Tom Hawkes

if you 005K came without the gasket I'd just contact the dealer and ask for one to be sent.

For the hex tube you really want the flat one and I'm not sure Cousins will have it.

It's very hard to see the gasket with the crown mounted. Have you removed the crown to check?

No mate, I just got it today and didn't feel like taking the CG off the removing the stem right away. :D But I guess I will do now.. BRB :D

edit:

Man, I'm a total noob... I should listen better to you pros. :black_eye: Didn't look like it with a flashlight and magnifying glasses but theres indeed a "gasket" in the crown.. Doesn't look like the one on the picture of PeteM though. It's a rubber disk that fills the complete recessed area without a gap inside or outside. That's why I could make anything out inside the crown without taking it off. Sorry for wasting your time guys but the offered help is much appreciated. :bangin:

Edited by Tom Hawkes