When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD

BGGodwin

The TrevorTime DSSD has just as many flaws as the Noobfactory DSSD ... just different flaws. You have to choose which flaws you want to buy.

I read that Trevor has thinner (more gen-like) hour marker rings while the Noob versions are too fat. What other flaws does each have?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ceramic insert triangle at 12 0'clock:

Gen - it has such a slight curve that from certain angles it looks straight but it is not. It has a curve.

Trevor - too straight .. a perfectly triangular triangle .. plus the insert is too tall. It should be recessed within the bezel but it is not.

Noob - too curved at the top but better than a couple of years ago .. maybe it'll get better in the future.

The HE Valve:

Trevor - has always been wrongly shaped. it's a bit too small.

Noob - has looked darn good for years

The Pearl:

Trevor - No clear "sapphire" dome over the lume

Noob - Much improved over time! A very nice dome. Used to be a bulbous joke. See Noob v3...

The Dial:

Trevor - Hour marker "white gold" rings are too slim .. but closer to Gen than Noob

Noob - Hour markers too chubby but greatly improved from past years. Perhaps a re-lume could fill the cups a bit more and reduce this effect. I am certainly no luming expert but it makes sense.

The Clasp:

Trevor - more prone to have the safety clasp stand up proud of the rest of the assembly

Noob - lookin good .. much improved over previous years

The crown guards are different too, but hard to describe. Suffice to say that it's just another variable.

What can we take away from all this? Certainly that the Noobfactory improves their watches over time and the factory which makes the Trevortime watch doesn't. What's the best DSSD out there? I'd say a Trevor dial in a Noob case. Unless my guess about being able to correct the fat markers with more lume is correct .. then just re-lume a Noob watch to make the hour marker rings look thinner.

The ceramic insert triangle at 12 0'clock:

Gen - it has such a slight curve that from certain angles it looks straight but it is not. It has a curve.

Trevor - too straight .. a perfectly triangular triangle .. plus the insert is too tall. It should be recessed within the bezel but it is not.

Noob - too curved at the top but better than a couple of years ago .. maybe it'll get better in the future.

The HE Valve:

Trevor - has always been wrongly shaped. it's a bit too small.

Noob - has looked darn good for years

The Pearl:

Trevor - No clear "sapphire" dome over the lume

Noob - Much improved over time! A very nice dome. Used to be a bulbous joke. See Noob v3...

The Dial:

Trevor - Hour marker "white gold" rings are too slim .. but closer to Gen than Noob

Noob - Hour markers too chubby but greatly improved from past years. Perhaps a re-lume could fill the cups a bit more and reduce this effect. I am certainly no luming expert but it makes sense.

The Clasp:

Trevor - more prone to have the safety clasp stand up proud of the rest of the assembly

Noob - lookin good .. much improved over previous years

The crown guards are different too, but hard to describe. Suffice to say that it's just another variable.

What can we take away from all this? Certainly that the Noobfactory improves their watches over time and the factory which makes the Trevortime watch doesn't. What's the best DSSD out there? I'd say a Trevor dial in a Noob case. Unless my guess about being able to correct the fat markers with more lume is correct .. then just re-lume a Noob watch to make the hour marker rings look thinner.

Good stuff, JKay, thanks for the information. Sounds like Noob has the better overall look out of the box.

Good stuff, JKay, thanks for the information. Sounds like Noob has the better overall look out of the box.

Yes but the chubb dial has always bothered the :gun2:CRAP :gun2: out of me, which is why I own a Zigmeister lumed and serviced Trevortime. I don't look at the HEV .. I look at the dial.

When I broke the ceramic insert in the Trevor I replaced it with the superior Noob insert.

Yes but the chubb dial has always bothered the :gun2:CRAP :gun2: out of me, which is why I own a Zigmeister lumed and serviced Trevortime. I don't look at the HEV .. I look at the dial.

When I broke the ceramic insert in the Trevor I replaced it with the superior Noob insert.

I know what you mean. The bezel triangle also really bugs me as well.

And it seems no one has yet gotten the carved bezel numbers the right thickness yet. I've found that all reps have numbers that are too thin (should be a little bolder).