When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jay-z Hp Commercial

jfreeman420

As an AP conoisseur, I sort of detest the connection between Jay-Z and AP, but I admire the man for his taste, instead of getting into gaudy Jacob and Co. watches. As for the Jay-Z LE Offshore, I kinda like it, the diamonds 10 is a little subtle bling to an already fine watch.

What's wrong with Jay-Z being an ambassador to the brand?

Nothing wrong, I am not singling Jay-Z out specifically. I guess I just don't like people being given their own "LEs" and such, and yes that includes JPM, RB, Schwarzenegger, etc. I just feel that AP should have gone the route of the other two in the "Big Three" (PP, VC) and not have issue LEs in people's names. However, I still like the styling of the RB II and the JPM Offshore, and that's why I have a JPM and a RBII on order.

Damn, RBII is badass. It stole my heart when I first laid my eyes on it.

RBII is a killer but also a killer for your pocketbook. You'll end up paying more than double the price of a normal discounted BNIB Themes Offshore! I've been told I can expect delivery of mine in the new year from the Hong Kong boutique.

Okay, maybe the idea of people getting their own LE's is a bit ridiculous, but it does set AP apart from the others in the big three. However, I tend to think that the majority of LE's are all a bit overdone- The JPM and Rubens B I and II are in my opinion, borderline tacky/gimmicky. The only thing I like about the RBII's are the partially skeletoned dials. Come to think of it, the only 'themed' LE that is tied somewhat remotely to someone's name that I think I really liked was the EOD...

Okay, maybe the idea of people getting their own LE's is a bit ridiculous, but it does set AP apart from the others in the big three. However, I tend to think that the majority of LE's are all a bit overdone- The JPM and Rubens B I and II are in my opinion, borderline tacky/gimmicky.

Well, as I say beauty is in the eye of the beholder in the end. I have not seen the RBII in the metal, and I'm not sure if I will like it. I feel the JPM isn't tacky at all, that's it's just an elaboration of the Offshore case with different screws, different pushers and end links, use of carbon fiber, and the bonus display back. Maybe in the pictures it doesn't look all that great, but holding one in the metal is different. The AP LE's which I truly think are tacky is the Green Montanapoleone, Rodeo Drive, as they are rather uninspired, use the exact same case, the dials have just been changed a tiny bit, and that's called an LE. Yes I would also agree Rubens B I is tacky, but maybe not so on the RB II. Oh well, I think I can make a nice profit if I just simply pick it up, hold it for a few months then resell it.

I like the EOD a lot, but the price for that has gone crazy, and I wouldn't pay $40K for it. The New York La Boutique PVD RO Chrono is the best RO LE in my opinion, but the prices on that have gone crazy too unfortunately.

I generally don't mind the AP celebrity connections, but it's curious that they pick second rate drivers like RB and JPM and some second rate golfers. Anyway, for me it's more important that the watch looks good than which celebrity is connected to it or whether it's an LE.

I didn't like the JPM when I first saw it, but I now think it looks great. I'm not a fan of either the RB I or the RB II. The RB I six o'clock subdial is ridiculous. The RB II skeleton dial looks like a wasted opportunity when there's nothing very interesting to see behind it, and the pushers and crown stick out too far.

I'm with you guys on the EOD. Both Boutique RO Chrono watches are the dog's [censored], and the Montreux Grand Prix 2006 RO Chrono looks great as well.

130006-19506.jpg

Here's the funny thing about the EOD.

Admin Mao told me that the EOD was very unpopular in 1999 when it first came out, stocks piled up at dealers, and they couldn't even give them away for 40% off! Now look at them, they've skyrocketed almost $30,000 in value!

Opportunity also knocked on the door for the NY La Boutique a few months ago. I had the chance to buy it for $22,000 but declined, and they've gone up to more than $35,000!