When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beginners watch

Kakemonster

Hi!

I'm new to the forums and new to the whole idea about replica watches. I have been reading the forums for some time and found out that i finally want to pull the trigger and buy myself a nice watch. I have been looking into buying a Panerai, I like the design and from what I can read on these forums I understand that they are replicated very well.

But since I never have owned a replica watch I want to know what model to get, I want one that close to original as possible and will run the longest without service etc. I kinda like the Panerai 005 on a leather strap, how does that sound? Probably going to change the strap out later on anyway, as I understand that the straps are the weakest part of a replicated watch. I have browsed the Perfect Clones site and they seem to have it in stock and the model I want: http://www.1-pc8838.com/pn005k02-logo-ssle-black-asian-6497-p-9754.html

Anyone want to share their $.02? Will I be fine with the 005 or are the other Panerais out there that will be better suited for a newbie like me?

Thanks!!

Firstly.. no watch will be guranteed to run longer than another watch without a service. In this game it's a crap shoot. If you want your watch to run well. get it serviced when it arrives. It's a worth while investment.

Second. GREAT CHOICE! I love the new 005s I think stock is low on this model now. Should be coming back out soon though with new stock.

It doesn't get better than the 005 at the moment. The watch looks better out of the box than most highly modded watches out there (imho).

I think Perfect Clones doesn't have it on stock but on reorder though. (Be sure to get the 005K!)

There are numerous reviews and pictures of the watch in this section. Search around..

Edited by Tom Hawkes

After reading the review I'm even more convinced that this is the watch for me. But I can't seem to find the difference between a 005 and a 005k, and where do I buy it? The Perfect Clone one(see first post) seem to be plain 005. Thanks for all the help :) And anyone know what size straps(width) to buy for this beauty?

The letter after the model number tells you which year the watch was released on the gen. (Example: 005H, 005J, 005K and so on..)

The best rep version of this watch comes from the so called H-factory and their version has a K serial number. Thus the best version to get is the 005K.

Your link points to this version. (See: Serial KXXXX/1200 in the description.)

This watch takes straps with 24mm lugwidth. The provided leather strap is pretty good though from what I hear. The rubberstrap is supposed to be the best rep version of the gen rubber strap.

Edited by Tom Hawkes

The 005K is probably the best luminor case rep, you'll notice the difference between a 005K and a 111 is simply the added logo on the front, they ae basically identical.

Straps are to personal taste, some like the OEM straps and others would rather go for something custom. There are many strapmakers on the forum, and plenty of new and lightly used straps in the sales sections, can't go wrong.

Just my advice, buy your 005 and get out while you can... I was like you once, thought I'd just get a nice navitimer and that would be it.. :)

Good luck, have fun mate :)

Thanks for all the comments. Too bad the 005k is out of stock, really want to order it. Only thing that could be better were if they left the Panerai logo out of the dail, doesn't really belong. Another thing that makes me want a Panerai so bad is all the different straps I could buy, the watch looks totally different with different straps. One thing, anyone know where to get a gator/croc strap for it? I have a thing for exotic leather ;)

Thanks!

(A black shark strap i really like: http://www.heroic18.com/product-detail.php?id=254&category_id=6&sub_cate_id=48, this will fit the 005k right? 24mm is all good?)