When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Black Submariner SS - Swiss ETA 2836 from Andrew

defected_minds

Hi guys

I need your advise.

I've have been reading all the reviews here and have been eyeing the Rolex Submariner for a long time.

I decided to purchase the ROLSUB0001 - Rolex Black Submariner SS - Swiss ETA 2836 from Andrew last week and just received the QC pictures today.

To my horror I realised there are no lugholes. Aren't they supposed to have lug holes? I once read here in RWG that the "old school" models dont have lug holes - is the non lug hole a very noticable flaw? Is it even a flaw or? Not only that, I will not be able to change my strap?

For 280USD should I request to change my order to a different sub with a lug hole? I just realised that the 400USD "perfect" rep doesn't have lug holes as well.

Confusing!

thanks for your advice!

Edited by defected_minds

Guest zeleni kukuruz

You can change to what ever strap you want as long as its 20mm!

If you want lugholes (very very nice) best thing is to check out andrews vintage rolexes ;)

Newer gen subs made after about 1991 dont have lug holes, so none of the 16610 reps have them anymore. I dont know exactly which sub you are looking at, but if you want lugholes then you should go vintage. And if its a vintage without lug holes, then dont buy it.

Thanks dutchguy2.

Think I have a lot of catching up on sub knowledge to do!

Earlier post by JMB on his (vintage, I know presume) Sub with no lugs holes got responses from members here who called it old school, and seeing both vintage and "new" Subs on ebay with lug holes made it all too complex for me.

Any sub owners who drilled lug holes on their new Subs?