When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WR on H-factory

Tom Hawkes

I don't understand why peeps are riding this guy.

He's not asking if his rep is waterproof based on your test... he's asking if anyone has tested theirs - were there leaks at the bezel/xtal because of the bezel construction of this particular build method.

Well I have responded to that question earlier in the thread!

I greased crown and CB gasket of my 005K and Have been swimming with it on a regular basis here in beautiful Sydney Harbour and it's all good! Well so far anyway...

What I was trying to say is, my 117L had a loose caseback when I received it. It was literally finger tight, I was wonderign what the noise was. Based on this, I would not personally trust the construction quality of a rep watch to be waterproof regardless of o-rings etc.

Adz most sporty reps and non chronos can be made water resistant with a bit of QC there is no reason that these can not pass a 5atm check once the orings are confirmed to be there, greased and the case back and crystal are fitted correctly

Caseback, bezel aside - Crown construction is important. Correct me if im wrong but gen crown has a gasket and some sort of spring if i remember correctly? Do these H factory reps have gen like crown construction? I'd think that WR limiting factor is the crown on most PAM reps anyway.