When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5th gen orange 42mm planet ocean

bkucera

Got mine in today from Mary, thought I'd put a few pictures up, as well as a video of the ETA 2824 movement since I hadn't seen one around. I guess I can't put a link to the video yet, if someone wants to post it for me let me know.

I really like the way it looks so I'm happy with it overall. Not sure yet how well it keeps time, we'll see in a few days. I wound it by turning the crown in first position towards 12 o'clock, hope that was ok to do.

When I had the band sized, the jeweler discovered that one of the pins was very loose in its sleeve. The pins in general seem to have a bit of variation in their diameter. He swapped the sleeve from a removed link and that was fine. He also pointed out that the link adjacent to the 12 o'oclock lug link had a tendency to separate. Not sure if that will actually be a problem when I'm wearing it, but it's not a replaceable link. The opposite link doesn't have that problem so it seems like a manufacturing defect.

One question -- if I decide to put a gen bezel on, will it line up the same way this one does? Meaning, is the indexing determined by the case which I wouldn't be replacing?

post-34912-0-68711200-1300935156.jpgpost-34912-0-08436400-1300935139.jpgpost-34912-0-87037200-1300935149.jpgpost-34912-0-16147300-1300935127.jpg

One question -- if I decide to put a gen bezel on, will it line up the same way this one does? Meaning, is the indexing determined by the case which I wouldn't be replacing?

I've modded a few of the 5th gens now and can advise that the gen bezel fits perfectly but you have to use the retaining spring from the rep bezel as it wont rotate if the gen spring is used.

I've modded a few of the 5th gens now and can advise that the gen bezel fits perfectly but you have to use the retaining spring from the rep bezel as it wont rotate if the gen spring is used.

I know it fits, but right now the pearl isn't perfectly centered left-to-right over the 12 on the dial. What I'm wondering is, if I put a gen bezel on there, would the pearl on that be aligned the same way?

I know it fits, but right now the pearl isn't perfectly centered left-to-right over the 12 on the dial. What I'm wondering is, if I put a gen bezel on there, would the pearl on that be aligned the same way?

the gen will be aligned correctly