When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crystal on the 005K

klocklind1

Hi all!

I just got my new pam318L ( very nice pam!) but the crystal is not fitted properly :wounded1:

So I do not want to send it back.

The crystal is sticking up a lot more at one side.

So what sha I do?

Is it best to remove the crystal and press it again or can I just press the crystal as it is and hope it will be correct seated ? :whistling:

Personaly mate I would remove and resit the crystal as I would want to be sure about the seating of the compression gasket in the bezel.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Personally I preferred the BB CB to the 05 one but thats just me....its not so flawed as most would call you out...indeed I would be more concerned about the rep 05 CB given its number and circulation in the gen world compared to the BB..

There is an How To on removing the crystal and replacing without a press.....I have used it myself and it works just fine most of the time...

Sorry but I cant recall exacly where it is...I think it might be RG TBH :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just press it out from the back but it helps to have a crystal press too get it back in flat, and check the retaining gasket if it has been pressed in at an angle then the gasket could be deformed

Thanks Andy :thumbsupsmileyanim:

But I have tried with my thumbs ( and I think I have quite strong hands/fingers :whistling: ) BUT I can NOT get the crystal out of the case!

Is it woth trying to press it into the right place ( I have a crystal press !) as it is now or will the crystal break instead?

I am thinking of sending it back but I have not so nice experience of that :wounded1:

Try to press it out with the crystal press. If the crystal is jammed I guess you will rather break it than get it in properly if you press too much...

Thanks for the advice :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have a crystalpress but the watch has more flaws so I might send it back to the dealer.

And maybe the gasket got damages when pressed in the wrong way :whistling: