When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Durable rep for abusive father

Guest sharkrun20

Guest sharkrun20

As the title states, I'm looking for a watch for my dad who is hard on watches. I keep getting them for him and then he sends them back to me beaten up, scratched, and broken. I've sent off two subs for him to be repaired recently but looking for something else in the meantime. Asian 7750s are out, Swiss or basic movements are preferable.

Considering:

Breitling Seawolf

He's already had Rolex subs so I'd like to stay away from that brand for the moment. Omegas are a bit boring so nada there. Steelfish is played out. AP is good, maybe one of the plain ones without chronos.

You could get him an MBW 1680 or 1665, that way when he sends it back to you it will be vintagized. Seriously, a 1665 on nato should be pretty resilient.

You could get him to offer the forum a 'mods' service. None of this 'throw the watch in a plastic baggie with keys, nails etc and shake vigorously' business, he could offer authentic vintagizing services :)

Guest sharkrun20

Looks like I bought a seawolf for him to beat up. Will let you know how long it lasts. Maybe this one will last longer than six months, lol.

hah u have to let him have a go on the reactor trident if the US army cant beat it up, next would be trying ur father :victory:

I'm in the military, and I can honestly say that I'm the only person I've met that actually owns a Reactor watch... Most of these "made for the US military" watches are marketing ploys that companies use once they have a National Stock Number (NSN) and a CAGE code assigned to their company.

But, I will admit, they can take a beating and keep going...But so can G-Shocks, which IS what many military members wear.

"Abusive father" :rofl:

+1 That made me laugh too :)

Edited by MysticalChimp