When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WTB: Franken AP

I will apologize in advance as I would have posted this in teh WTB section however since the board was attacked the know the team is working on more important items and several memebers have had their status changed so no rush. I'm looking for a one that has gen dial, gen hands, caseback modded. Shoot me a pm with what you have and your price along with pictures.

Thanks In advance.

Beano

Wow,

I think there r a handfull of modders who can build one. And there will be half of that who want their sell their franken AP.

Prices... I think apporx 4.000 euro?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

If the factories could copy the movement and build a 1:1 (WM9 style)

And sell it for 1.000 euro's. All the AP lovers will @ least think of ordering one.

I would without hessitation. :)

But i think 4.000 euro's is a lot of money for a rep.

Please comment... If i am wrong of i you have a nother opinion.

Beano, i hope that you will find one for a bargain!

If so... Please PM me :)

E. ( now on vacation in curacao) and o god.. They r selling AP's (AD freeport) of almost every corner in the city.

But i think 4.000 euro's is a lot of money for a rep.

Rightly said Edwin! ......BUT, considering a gen AP costs almost 2-3 times more than that I would say a 4k for an AP rep with: gen dial, hands, DW and a decent movement is worth it?..... :g: Then again, depends whether you want an AP or not........otherwise plenty of other high end gen watches can be had for 4K......

Then again, depends whether you want an AP or not........otherwise plenty of other high end gen watches can be had for 4K......

Indeed! Well said!

Maybe a stupid question, but why can't the factory copy the movement?

Is it so hard?

Indeed! Well said!

Maybe a stupid question, but why can't the factory copy the movement?

Is it so hard?

That im not too sure on! Im assuming the rep game for the factories is a fast moving, quick, mass, money making scheme......not sure whether they have the time, resource and patience to research and develop new movements.......? Its not impossible I would say...

I will be kind and ask Firansky and probably most of you dont know me however i have some pretty rare Franken Pams and after thinking about it for a while I have decided that an Ap should be in the collection. I had a change to have one built a few years back but took a pass... now kicking myself in the behind for that decision. I have also been told that there are some mods with the hour and minute hand and with parts not available completing this project is nearly impossible does anyone know if this is true. With all Franken projects i know first hand that you have to be patient.

I will be kind and ask Firansky and probably most of you dont know me however i have some pretty rare Franken Pams and after thinking about it for a while I have decided that an Ap should be in the collection. I had a change to have one built a few years back but took a pass... now kicking myself in the behind for that decision. I have also been told that there are some mods with the hour and minute hand and with parts not available completing this project is nearly impossible does anyone know if this is true. With all Franken projects i know first hand that you have to be patient.

I can vouch for Beano....now if he would only sell me back that EL Swiss PAM 29.... :rolleyes:

good luck on the hunt. :D