When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Avenger Skyland Frankens ?

Guest apetrills

Guest apetrills

Ya,you could pick up a used gen Skyland for not that much more $ then putting together a good franken so i really see no reason to make one,might be a reason why there doesn't seem to be any around.

Intresting point. SO than why all the SA franken. Used gens can be picked up for 3500, used AS gens are only $500-750 less. Are SA parts just cheaper?

Ya, SA parts are more readily available and the SA is a far more popular watch then its little sister,the AS. (go big or go home with that watch style... 8) )

I own a gen SA and have put together or purchased alot of franken SA's,just for fun and interest in them,it is borderline on the cost vs gen with the SA being worth it imo,and the Skyland price difference really just makes it not worth it,no matter what parts you add on to a franken,you still own a rep.

Unless you really love the AS and putting a franken together is for fun or hobby alone,but again i think i have seen one on all of these forums over the years and i'm really not even sure about that.

Not really a popular watch i guess,but would love to see yours if you put one together,a rare rep it would be. :)

the v2 skyland is a terrific rep out of the box...the watch, while not gen, is nicely done...when you decide to franken one of these, you have to add the cost of the dial, re-lume of the hands and the work to disassemble/reassemble...oh - and to get it right, you will need to add in double AR...all in all, this could cost you $600usd or more...double the orig cost of the v2 skyland...pushing the total cost near $1,000usd...still cheaper than the gen pre-owned, but still a lot...

all said and done, tho, if you realllllllly like the skyland, go for it...i have a v1 chrono avenger titanium with a gen blue dial, re-lumed hands and chieftang double AR...was it worth it to me...hell yeah...

....and just remember....the genuine Skyland bezel does not readily attach to the v2 or v3 case.

So to echo Dave123's comments, a Skyland franken is not cost effective

oh yeah, my v2 has relume dial, gen hands x6, 25j ETA7750, gen b13 Rotor, gen diver pro strap