When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

minute hand fell off - how to fix?

kornblomst

Hi All

After walking around a whole day at the job I suddenly see that the minute hand has fallen off on my pam 177.

Do you guys know if this is an easy/difficult fix that I can do by my self.

Do you know if special tools are needed besides mini screwdriver and a pair of tweezers?

Any advise would be highly appreciated :o)

/Korn

post-17030-0-09225100-1301731063.jpg

There is a thread about this and it is pretty simple with basic tools, there seams to be a spate of hands falling off and bad QC on these new pams though what with hands falling off and the 005 movement issues.

Make sure to line the hands up @ 12 o clock (very important). Lay the minute hand on top of the hour hand, lay down some transparent plastic kitchen foil over the hands (to avoid scratches) and gently push the hand down @12 and @6 position using tooth pics (as near to the centre as possible). You need both hand.

Easy tip if you don't have professional tools. Make sure to check the hand is parallel with the hour hand otherwise they will touch.

Good luck and let us know ho it went!

If your 177 is from the hublot factory your screwed as once the hands come off they dont go back on as the hole in the hand is to large, probably the reason it fell off.

Sead has made a thread about this problem somewhere.

Probably fell off because the hole on HIS was too big, yes. But people have switched movements on H-factory reps and used the original hands. So don't start any panic..