When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Convert SEL bracelet to non-SEL

bones

Sure you can. Just pull the bracelet apart at the end links. Get the parts you need and put it back together. Easiest way is to get two bracelets and swap parts around. I used to take the noobmariner bracelets and convert them to non-SEL all the time. Its not easy to pull them apart without marking up the steel. You need to be really careful.

Sure you can. Just pull the bracelet apart at the end links. Get the parts you need and put it back together. Easiest way is to get two bracelets and swap parts around. I used to take the noobmariner bracelets and convert them to non-SEL all the time. Its not easy to pull them apart without marking up the steel. You need to be really careful.

That's true, but it's going to be really tough to do this on a gold-wrapped bracelet. You have to 1) not scratch through the finish and 2) find two bracelets where the color of the gold matches exactly.

Well the mid-links are hollow 14k and the outsides of the links are solid SS, both of which can be polished back should minor marring happen during it. I might get some cheaper aftermarket 18k plated hollow end links and have a play about. The difference between the 18k and 14k is pretty negligable.