When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA (Super Avenger) 2008 black /batton markers

Smab

So I finally pulled the trigger on the SA with 2008 black dial and batton markers.. Have been researching this piece for quite some time. For a long time I was not sure about this or the black 2009 numeral markers edition. Seems the batton markers dial is the most accurate so far. An update here, seems the "newest" entries on dealers site (december 2010) has batton markers that seem to be to pieces, rather than the first 2009 entries editions. I have only the picture as reference, but they have at least fixed the 6 o-clock issue with subdial numerals with small and big font on the prior versions (the one copied directly from the blacksteel dial), which is unaccurate on the regular SS editions. The subdial now have the correct numerals in same size font.

I will post pics of this baby when I have it safe and unwrapped. I have also ordered a few leather straps from a german vendor (Meyhofer), I am exited to see if these are of acceptable quality, they are very reasonable priced indeed (only about 21-25usd each, half price of the straps from China). Among others some black straps with red stiching, that I think will be nice together with the clean black dial with red fonts on the "Automatic" at 6 o-clock subdial, and the red markings on the 12 o-clock subdial as well as the red tip at the central seconds hand. The straps have the same "Breitling-style" padding as the gen straps and are about 7mm at the lug end and tapers to about 3,5mm at the tip (buckle end). These straps are of course not premium quality that you might get at 100 usd or more, but I think they are much better than the straps with Breitling markings we can get from the China dealers.

Are there anyone who has purchased a SA 2008/2009 dial after december 10th 2010? It might have some updates compared to the ones they put up on the shops the year before, I thing from the pictures. I am excited...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I is very sorry, but my english am not so bad :bangin:

It shall of course be: "batton markers is TWO pieces", not to pieces. They used to be made of ONE picece on the prior batton markers dial edition (realeased 2009).

The old one is still on PC's site, with the rubber strap/OD strap. That looks like the same watch, but there are 1 year apart in the entries on the site.

I ordered one a few days ago, and am anxiously awaiting its arrival also- same watch, but I ordered mine on a S/S bracelet.

Hi there, same here, I also ordered mine on an SS bracelet - I ordered some straps from Germany beside this order, I am afraid the SS togheter with the big watch will be too much weight.

I have a PAM228 (Slytech 1000M sub)SS with 26mm SS bracelet, it is a 47mm watch, 19mm thick, and with the SS bracelet it weighs 280 grams. That is a little more than I will get used to on a daily basis, but for now and then it is wearable. The SA with leather strap should come in around 100 grams lighter than that, it will be like a feather compared, but it will be enough weight on my wrist still :thumbsupsmileyanim:

^^ I'm not so sure about that..

I just ordered one from Andrew, and the batons look pretty good to me:

One question though- that +13s/day- is that an easy adjustment? If it's just a matter of taking off the caseback and adjusting a screw a notch or two in either direction, I'm pretty sure I can manage it.

P1330499.jpg

P1330500.jpg

P1330504.jpg

• 2 months later...

I see these same style QC pics all over the forum. Which dealer is this? Seems very thorough

he said he got this from Andrew.

The watch looks good, its the date window that bothers me, i havent found a good rep that has the most accurate date window. they all have that beveled edge, its supposed to be flat

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I received this watch just under a couple of months ago, and it was 13s/day fast when I got it- now it's losing about 3-4 minutes/day. So much for them being serviced before being sent out. :(

Anybody here local to the GTA (Toronto, Canada) that can recommend a decent, reasonably priced watchsmith? What should a service cost on one of these? I can't imagine it needs to have parts replaced- probably just needs a cleaning and a lube?

That sucks because I just ordered the same watch from Andrew, but the 2009 numerals version. Mine was +17sec/day but he said he was going to regulate it before he sent it out after I asked. It's still on the way now, I'm expecting it maybe the end of next week. Whatever if it breaks I'll get a new movement, the gen was $4200. I'll still save money

Edited by dustindu4