When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

swap 1570 with a 3035? fit?

EEngels

The diameters are the same, but the heights of the 2 movements are different -

1570 - 5.75mm

3035 - 6.35mm

You might be able to do it, but I doubt it would be a simple swap (you may need to mod the case a bit).

Actually, it just occurred to me that your 1601 has a 1575 (not a 1570), which has a height of 6.30mm, so it may be an even swap. I have never done this, so I cannot guarantee you will not run into stem alignment issues or problems fitting the movement into the case.

"I have a 1601 case that came with a 1570 caliber. Is it possible to put a 3035 in it? Do the two have the same physical size and dimensions? Stem height?"

I am guessing because the 1601 DJ uses a 'pie pan' dial...there might be a problem because the movement sits higher in the case because of the dial....so a movement of the same dimension with a flat dial (like on a 3035 DJ) probably will not work.

If you mounted a 1601 dial to the 3035 somehow, it would probably work but you have to mount a 15000 OPD calendar spacer.

I do know this as I have done a few...

A 1575 with flat OPD dial will fit in a quick set 15000 etc OPD case.

A 3035 with flat OPD dial from 15000 etc will fit in a 1500 etc case.

You can remove the date works from a 1575 and leave the calendar spacer in place if you want to use a no date dial to make a 5500 explorer etc using a 1500/15000 case.

A 1520/1530/1560/1570 no date movement with flat dial (1016 etc) and no calendar spacer will fit in a 16200 etc case.

Sometimes you have to swap case screws.

I never mounted a 1570 with flat dial in a 16000 etc case (see the last line below).

About 15 years ago, I cut the dial seat about .4mm deeper in a 16200 case and installed a 3035 with a flat painted marker dial. I lowered the sweep second hand a little to clear the crystal by shortening the ss hand tube and it all worked fine.

About this time they came out with sapphire crystals made for these conversions. I still have the case and it will probably accept a 1575 with the date works removed, calendar spacer mounted, and a flat dial (1016 etc). Never tried it though.