When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

White Ploprof Questions

ATEspo

Just walked passed the Omega store at my local mall and fell in love with the white Ploprof on mesh.

First, after looking at the dealers, their Ploprofs say the mesh bracelet is not adjustable. Is this true? I don't like the rubber and have a small wrist (6.5").

Second, what is the best version of the white dial? Do all the functions work (bezel lock)?

What are my options if I want the mesh? Do I have to consider an OEM mesh or are there other alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

So after doing research lastnight/this morning I found out that I want a V2 Ploprof on rubber, then order a 24mm mesh bracelet that tapers to 20mm so I can use the Omega clasp from the rubber.

Then it will go to PBDAD for some aqua colored lume and waterproofing.

IM excited. Anyone with a White V2 Ploprof they want to sell, HIT ME UP :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

One more thing...

Should I go with the "Ultimate SWISS 2824" or "Ultimate ASIAN 2824"?

Its a $50 price difference between the two.

---

http://puretimewatch.com/product/seamaster-ploprof-1200m-ss-white-ultimate-edition-eta2824/

or

http://puretimewatch.com/product/seamaster-ploprof-1200m-ss-white-ultimate-edition-a2824/

For $50, I say the Swiss!

But are they "REAL" swiss movements?

I am always leery about falling for the "swiss" word from these Chinese factories. I mean I can't tell if my "swiss" Seawolf is any better than something I have with an Asian clone.

I believe they are Swiss movements... I would do the Ultimate, it will be more accurate aesthetically. If you're ordering from PureTime, e-mail Angus and ask him!

Thank you, I have emails out to Angus, Andrew, Josh and Trevor.

Always gotta price shop :drinks:

The thing about having trusted forum dealers is that you are less likely to be lied to. If they say it's Swiss, then the only way you'll get a china clone is by accident. I'm not saying it will not happen, I'm saying it won't happen on purpose.

If a forum trusted dealer started ripping off the membership, they would not be a trusted dealer very long, no ?

Exactly. And the prices you get are all going to be nearly the same... when I first got here, I did the same thing. All the dealers responded with almost the exact same price. My advice to you, which is the advice I was given, find out who has had success with what dealer for the Ploprof and just order it, even if it's a little more.

I've used almost every trusted dealer, and they are usually within $20 of each other.

Whoever responds first will get my business (Angus, Andrew, Jos, or Trevor).

I am very excited about this thing, after trying the gen on yesterday.

And I have emails into these two for a mesh:

http://www.suppaparts.com/#!mesh

http://cgi.ebay.com/24mm-SHARK-MESH-BRACELET-fits-OMEGA-CITIZEN-300m-diver-/120596060740?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1c1415da44#ht_5545wt_1092

I am able to use the clasp that comes with the Ploprof rubber with the mesh (24x20mm) correct? All I need to do is remove the pins on that unbranded clasp and put the Omega rep on, right? (the Omega clasp is 20mm right)?

Thanks Plopro experts :victory:

The Suppa shark mesh does come in an adjustable version, I have one. Not sure about a tapered version though.

Look for a Canadian seller on Ebay after searching for "shark mesh"

Yes, this is the one I ordered.

If anyone needs one, just send him a message on eBay and tell him you want to buy a mesh and keep it off the Bay and just pay with PP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/24mm-SHARK-MESH-BRACELET-fits-OMEGA-CITIZEN-300m-diver_W0QQitemZ120596060740QQcategoryZ98624QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DRPSI%252BSIC%26itu%3DUCP%252BUA%252BMAGEXP%252BMRU-281%252BUCI%252BIA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D110666920787%26po%3DLPV%252BLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8404855639843202208#ht_5568wt_1092

I just placed my order with Andrew for a Ultimate Swiss White dial Ploprof, I am excited.

Now the wait starts, and what sucks even more is once I get it I am going to immediately ship it to PBdad for some work, so I wont have this thing on my wrist for a few weeks :(

• 2 years later...