When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Request Expert Advice on QC Pics

tonyblaze

Your Joined is 2007. That means you have been here long enough to remember when they were secretly selling clone ETA movements to the Forum at Swiss prices, before the cat was let out of the bag by Chris @ Eurotimez.

Now .. ask your question again, and I will give my answer more plainly.

Your Joined is 2007. That means you have been here long enough to remember when they were secretly selling clone ETA movements to the Forum at Swiss prices, before the cat was let out of the bag by Chris @ Eurotimez.

Now .. ask your question again, and I will give my answer more plainly.

I agree with your comment, however that stuff hasn't been happening as of late (for quite some time). Am I correct? I don't post a lot, but I just think that with this hobby (that's all it is, we all know the risks/rewards), part of it is being a little discreet and doing some research. What if every "first post" by someone was "will you please look over this QC pic for me and tell me if it's any good???", then where would we be? :thumbdown:

I don't mind helping new posters. Most of my post count was accumulated trying to help some 1st post'r with finding the Dealers area or warning them against the ripoff site they are asking about.

Besides, I like to see pictures of watches; I bet the dealers have received quite a few sales from lurkers gawking at someone's QC photos, then heading to the web site to place an impulse order.

I don't mind helping new posters. Most of my post count was accumulated trying to help some 1st post'r with finding the Dealers area or warning them against the ripoff site they are asking about.

Besides, I like to see pictures of watches; I bet the dealers have received quite a few sales from lurkers gawking at someone's QC photos, then heading to the web site to place an impulse order.

Very true. I see your point . :good:

I agree with your comment, however that stuff hasn't been happening as of late (for quite some time). Am I correct? I don't post a lot, but I just think that with this hobby (that's all it is, we all know the risks/rewards), part of it is being a little discreet and doing some research. What if every "first post" by someone was "will you please look over this QC pic for me and tell me if it's any good???", then where would we be? :thumbdown:

First of all, I wholly encourage members on any forum to post QC pics for consideration and advice. To suggest anyone not do so is irresponsible. The other side of the coin is we can offer greater education than the dealer, and the buyer walks into the purchase with wits about them. Uneducated buyers are a bigger PITA when they realize that their expectations were too high. How many of those threads have we read?

Regarding the comment about things that haven't been happening as of late, while reviewing QC pics from WatchEden last week (or so) it was discovered that they were photoshopping those photos. It was also discovered that it was a common practice which they admitted to doing and agreed to stop. (RWI search WatchEden+ThinkBachs)

If anyone has questions about QC pics, post them. If a dealer is apposed to you're doing so and asks that you do not do this, work with another dealer- you want nothing to do with a dealer who is concerned about this. Also note that there are dealers who regularly post QC videos on YouTube for all to see. They have nothing to hide.

I really do appreciate all of the comments. I didn't mean to violate any trust or rules but was just keenly aware that no amount of research I could do in the present would allow me to see what some of you could pick up with just a glance. I caught the bug recently and caught it hard. I've been looking at the forums so much that my wife offered to buy me a gen so I would get off the computer and live a real life again. lol I remember I had a kid around here somewhere....

I'm going to chime in here, because I'm not going to be as nasty as other people will: please don't bring replicas to ADs .. keep in mind that this is a hobby which is based on illicit activity.

As innocuous as collecting replica watches seems to you, you need to stay under the radar with it; ok?

It's best for you, and best for the hobby overall.

Folks...........I got my watch and couldn't be happier. It looks just as it did in the QC pics, worked right out of the box and I get compliments on it wherever I go. I couldn't wait for my watch tool kit to get here so I took a chance and took the watch to a local certified Tag dealer to get the bracelet re-sized. The jeweler commented on how nice a watch it was and that they had not been able to get any of the blue dials in stock for some time. He was supposed to charge me $15 for the service but said if I promised to give him a shot at selling me my next Tag he do it for free. I haven't had it off my arm since. Now I need to find somewhere to purchase a half link because it is just a little snug and I have to find a knowledgeable watchsmith to have the movement serviced. Thanks for all of your help in this. I am hereby now a faithful member. :)

Tony

You're extremely lucky it wasn't confiscated by the AD. Please never do that again.