When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Watch Chronograph Breitling

lolz123

I got my first rep watch today a Breitling Bentley

and i followed all the steps a noob should do

i turned the crown clockwise 15 times to get it moving

and i turned it face up against my palm and gave it a nice twirl

and the 20 40 60 second dial started to move

so i gave it some more twirling and then i activated the chrono and it started moving

then i pressed the stop chrono and the chrono stopped moving and then i went to reset

however, nothing happens and the hand won't jump back and reset to the top

is this normal or did i do something wrong?

or maybe because i dont have enough power reserve?

It's really not a good Idea to wind are reps at the crown,best to use the swirl method. I think It's a good idea to give the main spring more time to build power. I would spend about five minutes swirling the watch then try to start the(stop watch) chronograph by pushing the top pusher,wait for the stop watch hand to go past the 12,maybe to the 5,then push the top pusher to stop It,then hit the lower pusher to reset. BTW the 20 40 60 sub dial Is your running seconds hand. It would help to read up on automatic movements,A7750 etc,there is a ton of Infomation here. Hope this helps,It has worked for me In the past,good luck. :) Mike

It's funny. On most of the directions from the sellers, it says to give it a good wind at the crown. Then, there are a lot of people who say don't do it... Personally, I just swirl it, set it, and wear it. I have wound reps at the crown but if you're putting it on your wrist anyway, just give it swirl so you can get the time set.

Echoing what was said about not wnough power for the chrono, I've heard that being an issue right from the start. Wear it and give it another try this evening. :drinks:

I've wound every single one of my Breitlings from the crown, and have never had an issue. Wind it 20-30 times and try it again.

Only because you can do something dosent necessarily make It a good Idea. The Zigmeister,probably the most knowledgeable person In the rep kingdom,does not recomend winding at the crown of are reps. I have never wound my reps at the crown,I have also never had a problem.;) If you feel comfortable winding your rep,by all means,have at It...Mike

thanks for all the input.

i have let the power reserve die so it's not moving.

will swirl it for a while and wear it for a while. then try again

thanks a lot for the inputs

so i guessing the problem is in the power reserve and not in the movement itself?

thanks for all the input.

i have let the power reserve die so it's not moving.

will swirl it for a while and wear it for a while. then try again

thanks a lot for the inputs

so i guessing the problem is in the power reserve and not in the movement itself?

Some times it's hard to say,wear the watch for a while,then let us know how it go's,good luck:) Mike (ps) Try to feel and listen for that rotor to spin,thats what you want,that rotor is winding your watch.

hi there, my first post here even if i write in a similar board. Just want to add a suggestion even if i might be wrong and somebody can correct me. on the a7750 you should never fix the time between 08,00 pm and 3,00 am; as very often when i spin the crown i adjust the time just wanted to remeber to be careful about the time when you operate the crown as you can damage movement

cheers

Edited by lourentgarnier

hi there, my first post here even if i write in a similar board. Just want to add a suggestion even if i might be wrong and somebody can correct me. on the a7750 you should never fix the time between 08,00 pm and 3,00 am; as very often when i spin the crown i adjust the time just wanted to remeber to be careful about the time when you operate the crown as you can damage movement

cheers

I always change the date when I set my watch between 6-630. Dont want to change the date when the date wheel is In turn over mode,could damage the movement. This also applies to the eta valjoux 7750.

cheers

I always change the date when I set my watch between 6-630. Dont want to change the date when the date wheel is In turn over mode,could damage the movement. This also applies to the eta valjoux 7750.

I think this is true for all watch movements. Even though the date isn't turning, the mechanism can be engaged or engaging the date wheel.

The chrono hand not reseting is not a power reserve issue. It is a mechanical issue. Make sure the chrono is stopped then try the reset pusher. if it does not reset, there is a issue that is not allowing the reset hammer to swing back into place and allow the wheels to reset to zero. This function requires no power from the main spring.

As far on setting the date at a certain time...for the most part the posts here are correct. However a lot of the A7750 movements I have serviced lately have a special date drive wheel that allows you to set that date at anytime you wish without damaging the movement. See HERE :drinks:

Edited by Bike Mike