When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My PAM 040 project is done finally:)

sul

Almost a year sourcing a best case and now it is finally done.

I am very proud of it, because of all works are done by myself.

Hand replacement, dial reinstall, movement swap, higher CP( from Ofrei) install, CP polishing, case and CG sand finish, best fitment between CG and case, etc. are all done by me. This is first time when I did so, and I don`t have many tools or special tools only my hands, sand papers, bench clamp and some files. Piece of mu soul is probably in that watch :)

Dial, hands, Ti case back,Ti buckle from DSN

CG from Sead

Best Ti old school case with tall lug´s

Chrystal without AR

orig_24840661_F5N0.jpg

orig_24840653_ZzAK.jpg

orig_24840649_a5AF.jpg

orig_24840655_Jzce.jpg

orig_24840657_qbsr.jpg

orig_24840659_Yyhn.jpg

Edited by sul

Congratulations on your efforts , inspirational stuff clapping.gif well done.

I think something that nice deserves to sit on a decent bit of leather though .

So whats the next project ?

Thank you all:)

My next two project`s are smaller, for PAM005K, new polished-flattened CP install, new hand set also- minute hand CP hole is too big for Ofrei CP. I got probably not so precisely made hour hand unfortunately, can not use it anymore after new CP installation.

And my IWC Top Gun need`s some paintwork :rolleyes: -"Top Gun " text from side need`s more gen like paint. Also my IWC TG has a dust under glass and on the dial, need to clean it perfectly.

I have in my mind a bigger" Big EGI" project also, but wright now I have only temptation to make it. I have to check at first from where is possible to have best available parts. It will take some time.

But regarding rubber strap... I really really like that PAM rubber strap. Comfortable, waterproof, also with quite nice texture for my eye`s. Don´t know will I change it soon, maybe in future ;)

Edited by sul

if you need another dial and hands

rolli

Thanks rolli, but I will keep this time my DSN new version dial( thin and unfortunately not correct text font).

I know that I have not correct minute and hour hand also for 040, but I like them. Hand set and dial color combination is suitable :) For me is most important watch overall quality and finishing, accuracy -close to gen is also important but not so much as high quality finishing. And regarding gen PAM 040...200 was made in `99. Probably

around ~ 25 of them is totally lost ( broken, drowned,lost etc). All over the world is left probably ~175 PAM040, there is no way that I will meet somebody with gen 040 :) So accuracy is not very important regarding this model for me.

REALLY a VERY nice Pam :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have the same watch with Sead CG but it is not ready Yet!

Did You sand down the lever-arm on the CG as Seads arm is sticking out a bit on both my Sead ti CG:s? :whistling:

I would ask T if he have any T48 titanium crowns left as that crown is so nice :whistling:

Wear it well

REALLY a VERY nice Pam :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have the same watch with Sead CG but it is not ready Yet!

Did You sand down the lever-arm on the CG as Seads arm is sticking out a bit on both my Sead ti CG:s? :whistling:

I would ask T if he have any T48 titanium crowns left as that crown is so nice :whistling:

Wear it well

on my CG was not needed sand it down fully, my CG arm was quite ok, though there was on arm both side some minor machinery work marks. So I did sand it down slightly. Sead CG is good "raw material", regarding CG shape it is very good. But it is not perfectly finished. I did strip down CG to parts and did all work using sand paper nr. 500, 1000 and final touch with spacial "sandpaper" nr 1500( don`t know what is correct name, it is like cloth with some abrasive material in it). Ti surface will be very nice after that, "velvety" look.

Unfortunately I dont know who`s crown I have. It has 48 teeth, but no idea who is maker.

Edited by sul