When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fitting ETA movements to the PAM 236 and 005

Craig S

Hi all,

Got a few questions regarding fitting ETA movements to the newer PAM reps I was hoping you guys might be able to help with?

Pam 236 Daylight:

-Does this rep need to have an ETA with the H3 setup (not sure on dial thickness etc)?

-Any idea where you can get a PAM style datewheel to install into the ETA? Heard there are a few contacts here on the board, but don't have their names...

PAM 005

- Again, does the 6497-2 need to have H3 setup?

- Anyone got a source for these movements? Iv'e tried my usual sources, but ETA seem to have stopped selling them to mass market . Schweinhunds!

Cheers chaps!

Craig, you will strugle to get a 6497/2 but the 005 does come with a slow beat movement with a high canon pin set fitted that can be fitted to a 6497/1 or a high beat seagull movement.

the 236 is an asian 7753 and does not have a canon pin problem, but the datw wheels as far as i know cant be swapped for the ETA that being said i dont think it is that bad an issue

Cheers for info mate. So, are the gen 005 using a slow beat movement? BTW, I seen on one of your last posts you were looking into possibility of bulk buying in some 6497-2s,.. Keep me posted :)

Takashi (2geek) does aftermarket PAM style date wheels for the ETA 7753, so hopefully the datewheel issue is now sorted for me. :).

if you are going for a new movement for the 005, keep in mind that cannon pin is an incorrect diameter. if you gt a new cannon, you'll need new hands or have to mod them a little. the movements inside the h builds are the old design 6497 and almost everything is wrong with them. i have come across 4 different ones so far. also some of the dials i have dealt with have been glued on, taped on, and even have the wrong pin positions. this is where they saved money and why their cost is so low. as for the 236, its pretty much a straight swap, but yeah, that datewheel....chaa ching.

Cheers for the info Lofi. I'm buying the new 005k from Josh, so does this have the same issue with te cannon pin diameter? In all honesty, I was a little naive to think that a 6497-2 would be a straight swap into this particular watch with no other mods needed. Alas, we bloody wish!

Thanks cougaree. Who sells the replacement dials for the 236?

This is all well apppreciate btw guys. Looks like I'm having a baptism of fire into the world of PAM mods! :)