When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Applications For Large Springbars

TJGladeRaider

Guest chronomat123

Hi Bill,

Don't know 100% fersure, but my gen 90s Rolex GMT with sapphire crystal but non-SEL does have pretty big springbar holes compared to my stock MBW 1680, so I would assume those are large springbars in there-- the holes are def. wider than my stock MBW.

Hope this helps.

Hi Bill,

Don't know 100% fersure, but my gen 90s Rolex GMT with sapphire crystal but non-SEL does have pretty big springbar holes compared to my stock MBW 1680, so I would assume those are large springbars in there-- the holes are def. wider than my stock MBW.

Hope this helps.

I am gonna put the big bars in everything that came with big bars . . . I have a whole pile of cobalt bits!

LOL

Bill

Guest chronomat123

LOL... the adage dont lie, bigger is better.... these watches look so much nicer with luholes like this 131097-19230.jpg

By the way, how much are the cobalt bits, and I'm assuming lowe's/home depot stocks 'em?

I can't stand these queer little lugholes on my stock MBW, so I'm going to take a stab at doing them myself.

@ TJGRaider,

i'm glad you asked this question....my TW Classic has the little lug holes and i was wondering the same thing about proper hole size.

my TW Classic has the lug holes close to the lug edge and i need to drill the larger hole biased away from the edge and more towards the lower portion of the lug. i almost need to use a drill press and 'machine' the hole larger so i can get this bias. i don't have access to a small drill press. hmmmmm, i wonder if there is another way to accomplish this? :scratch:

@ TJGRaider,

i'm glad you asked this question....my TW Classic has the little lug holes and i was wondering the same thing about proper hole size.

my TW Classic has the lug holes close to the lug edge and i need to drill the larger hole biased away from the edge and more towards the lower portion of the lug. i almost need to use a drill press and 'machine' the hole larger so i can get this bias. i don't have access to a small drill press. hmmmmm, i wonder if there is another way to accomplish this? :scratch:

It's particularly difficult and I know of no other way than by using a drill press. If the holes were larger, I would use a vertical mill as they are set up to withstand side loads, but there is no way a 1.3mm wire bit will mill sideways thru this stainless steel.

All you can do is set up your press to drill an off-center hole, use a lot of cutting oil, with low tool speed and feed rate.

Unless you have a real drill press, or a vertical mill (a vertical mill is a drill press but not vice versa), I would not even consider trying it.

Bill

i don't have access to a drill press at this time.....yet....but i'm working on it. :D

ubi, you make a good point about the location of the holes adjusting the spring bars which would in-turn change the SEL position....my new upgraded bracelet (hollow mids & proper SEL's) sits a tad too high now and the slight relocation would do it good.

Now let me see where I can find a drill press to use.