When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW's communication standards

alterego

I am quite happy to let the constituency know that David fulfilled his commitment sending another case, in replacement of the one that "vanished" after it left HK. The case is perfect and I can now begin the project. My first difficulty was the crown's diameter .98 insterad of 1.2, but with the help of a fellow member I was able to find a 7734 stem with the right thread diameter. I'll post some pics when the part arrives.

David deserves all the credit for being the trusted dealer he is.

Thank you for reading.

Hi fellow members:

I've been waiting for David's comments on the failed delivery of a Tudor Montecarlo case, that I bought from him back in late March and despite the fact of having sent him several emails to the three addresses he used to contact me during the sale, he hasn't replied. This is long story so I apologize for taking so much space to narrate the events.

In march I decided to order from David a Monte Carlo case, to start a building project, so I posted a message in the General Forum asking advise on who to buy the case from. I received three replies, all of them from seasoned forum members, suggesting to buy from David. I took the advice and I wrote a message to the supplier and he agreed to sell me one for $ 190.00 plus $ 20 shipping. So I went ahead with the purchase and immediatly pay palled him the funds. It took about 3 or 4 days to get confirmation of receiving the funds. Confirmation was given with a message (all these are e mails) saying that he would ship the case via Registered Mail from HK as EMS service was not available to Chile. I answered that I'd rather have the package sent by DHL, as I needed the case quite urgently. He said OK, but I had to send him $ 50 to cover the shipping cost difference. I did and next day, he sent me a message saying that the shipping company he uses had sent the package by Registered Mail and it would take two to three weeks to get it. I said the heck, What can I do. So I waited and waited until on Monday 25 a package from Hong Kong is at my door. It reads Raxxx788xxxHK. I was so happy, it was a little more than two weeks, but it was here. I opened the box and what a disappointment. Intead of the Monte carlo case, inside, wrapped in bubble styrofilm there was a little electronic component that looks like a digital chrono display, like those found in digi analog quartz watches.

I was so dissapointed and Isent immediately a mail to David letting him know my frustration but ... no answer. I wrote him again a second message, thinking that maybe my first message did not reach him, but still no answer to my second intent either. I sent him again the message, from my other email address without results. I sent him aa thridd message today and so far, no answer.

Are David's communication skills that innefficient or is there something that I ddon't know about doing business with this highly respected seller ?

Can someone give me advice on what to do ?

Thank you for your patience and eventual comments.

best