When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replicast Is On The Air

andreww

REPLICAST Episode #1 is now on the air!

Feel free to send topics or links to threads that you feel should be discussed. The first episode was really just a primer for newbs, but I feel that segments like the "new releases" and "technical info" will be regular features. I do need your help though, as I would like to cover topics like reluming, servicing, etc. Also, reviews of watches that you have received would help greatly. I'm starting to put together show notes for the second episode, so feel free to contribute!

Listen here (Control click to DOWNLOAD)

http://www.switchpod.com/users/andreww/REP...T_Episode_1.mp3

To subscribe in itunes

Under "Advanced" in the menubar select "Subscribe to Podcast".

Paste this into the box

feed://www.switchpod.com/users/andreww/feed.xml

Let me know what you think!

131177-19214.png

Episode 1 is a "Guide for Newbies" featuring buying tips, tracking hints as well as new watch reviews!

Edited by andreww

Hiya Andrew!

I'm going to assume you want honest, truthful feedback. :-)

I think the idea is stellar! It's a great concept, esp for No0bs.

The Audio isn't bad and you worked thru the material quite well.

The biggest issue is this: Watch Collecting, be it reps or otherwise is almost entirely a VISUAL thing. People want to drool over the latest jewel and imagine it on their wrsit. they want to see the movement work and just stare at it for hours. (admit it guys, we've all done this. It's why we buy mechanical watches for god's sake)

I;'m sure the MAc geeks have a software app that allows you to stitch photos, or even video into the cast, much like MS Producer or the upcoming DVD Maker in Windows Vista.

sure, it's more work, but imagine if The Zigmeister's tutorials were in this format!!

Make this project visual and you'll have a total home run!

Thanks for the idea. Wouldn't be overly difficult to do!

New download link

Listen here (Control click to DOWNLOAD)

http://www.switchpod.com/users/andreww/REP...T_Episode_1.mp3

To subscribe in itunes

Under "Advanced" in the menubar select "Subscribe to Podcast".

Paste this into the box

feed://www.switchpod.com/users/andreww/feed.xml

Edited by andreww

REPLICAST Episode #1 is now on the air!

I'm downloading it as I type, but was wondering why you're not using a proper host. When I'm not Pugwash, but my secret identity, I've been podcasting for over a year and found the whole hosting thing rather easy.

Nah... Howards on Sirius (isn't he?)... I keep listening to the Punk station... I refuse to grow up. Still have the black leather jacket with various socially ill-fitting band logos painted upon it. As the T-shirt my wife made me says..."Aging Punk"

I'm in denial... I'm only 29... I'm still a "youth" right?... damnit I'm getting old, joints all hurt when I get up in the morning... hearing is a bit off from years of shooting firearms and playing guitar and bass in various punk-rawk bands.

Hi Andrew ( you hoser).

I listened to your podcast last night. Being a noobe and all, I thought it was great. I dug the Rush music in the background - Yes, you surely are from the Peoples Republic of Kanukistan (aka Canada) :thumbsupsmileyanim: . I'm your neighbor just across the St. Lawrence River in the 1000 Islands region of New York, so it's pretty easy for me to "take off.. to the Great White North"...eayh!? ..you hoser.

Keep up the good work. I'll be waiting for the second installment.

Best Regards,

Stuart