When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tobacco

naveedgt

To start with I would suggest having a look at DSNs section...

But there are a few options.... I just dont rate any of the dials

To start with I would suggest having a look at DSNs section...

But there are a few options.... I just dont rate any of the dials

PAM240?

Yeah I had a look at his section, the 240 does seem like the best option, but I was hoping for a manual wind. The 036 seems to fit the bill except I really dont like that yellow tritium look that dsn's has.

I think options from dealers are few , which is a shame given the recent 177's quality , but the black sandwich dial and the Ti combination is very austere and quite dull so a brown dial is preferable. Not sure if the cartel do those 36's still might be worth checking out one of those dials. 116 & 118 are pretty impossible to get unless someone puts one up in the trade section. Ive a 055 from davidsen , compared to the gen , which seem to have an almost black dial its a dreadful rep, but as a watch itself its really nice and of the 5 or 6 Ti's I've had its the one Ive kept. Good luck with your search. pb200393.jpgp2231902.jpgp8234083.jpgpb200389.jpg ST4

The 036 seems to fit the bill except I really dont like that yellow tritium look that dsn's has.

I agree it aint great but are you saying you dont like his lume or the fact the gen has the T lume... if you look at the gens indeed most TST dials they do have that thin raised shinyish lume.... but of course you have options..

Get Rob to relume it with a better applied and better done T lume

or see

What Vac/Sead etc could build you :)

With the last option you could look at other Tabacco dials... all depends what they can source..

Or try a want to buy for OS Tabacco dials/ models :)

I think Hike might be able to source a reasonable 36 dial... but he is away now for a month.... he is in Asia checking up on his girls... :)

No seriously he is doing good works to help the less fortunate... :)

DSN 51c is a good choice. Auto, which is more practicla IMO, and no display CB, which is a big tell. I aso like the hobnail dial.

Same movement as gen, decent dial and hands. Lugs are too stubby, but if you want to drop it into a better case (Cartel 89, etc.) they exist.

I think options from dealers are few , which is a shame given the recent 177's quality , but the black sandwich dial and the Ti combination is very austere and quite dull so a brown dial is preferable. Not sure if the cartel do those 36's still might be worth checking out one of those dials. 116 & 118 are pretty impossible to get unless someone puts one up in the trade section. Ive a 055 from davidsen , compared to the gen , which seem to have an almost black dial its a dreadful rep, but as a watch itself its really nice and of the 5 or 6 Ti's I've had its the one Ive kept. Good luck with your search.

I really hope they do a nice tobacco watch with the lovely Ti case. Your watch is very nice as well.

I agree it aint great but are you saying you dont like his lume or the fact the gen has the T lume... if you look at the gens indeed most TST dials they do have that thin raised shinyish lume.... but of course you have options..

Bit of both, dsn's lume isn't great but also in the mood for bright LTL lume.

or see

What Vac/Sead etc could build you :)

With the last option you could look at other Tabacco dials... all depends what they can source..

Or try a want to buy for OS Tabacco dials/ models :)

I think Hike might be able to source a reasonable 36 dial... but he is away now for a month.... he is in Asia checking up on his girls... :)

No seriously he is doing good works to help the less fortunate... :)

I'll see what they have to offer, thanks for the help.

DSN 51c is a good choice. Auto, which is more practicla IMO, and no display CB, which is a big tell. I aso like the hobnail dial.

Same movement as gen, decent dial and hands. Lugs are too stubby, but if you want to drop it into a better case (Cartel 89, etc.) they exist.

I guess if i can't find anything suitable I'll go this route.

Thank you again everyone, really appreciate the help.