When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

lets build an accurate AP replica

Will Miocrow build a franken one?

What do you guys think?

this is his last update:

yeah I already have the movements problem fixed. Will post later about that.

The problems now is: I need someone to CAD the genuine AP case so I can CNC the cases.

I already got people that have built high quality gens watches in the past and some gen AP owner that was ready to help too. So far so good.

Than I will need to make a special batch of dials with the date hole more on the left. Than will need to build the small parts like screws and rubber buttons and gasket and etc.

Most parts if not all will be built in USA and switzerland.

When all my problems will be solved, I will update the infos. If you expect this to be under 1000usd there no need to pm me your email address. If I dont have enough people. I will cancel the project.

But you will get a AP gen (almost) that is not built in China. The DD is probably one of the best movement out there and very high quality and accurate. So if your one of these guys that wait for the perfect AP Diver because you want an AP with a reliable movement without paying usd15k+ or simply a diehard fan of AP. This will be your chance.

Will see what happen.

link on the Geek

E.

If you have nothing else to do and you married a rich wife who has no problems with it that you spent hours and hours replying to E-mails, it can be done.

If not, forget about it. (trust me.....I've been there!)

Forget the Franken AP.

Let's build a franken rich wife! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I will have more profit then the AP :)

E.

Where's the yanks when you need 'em? Americans are allways more positive than us Europeans.

If you ask an American if something can be done, the reply 9 times out of ten will be: "hell yah, as long as you believe in it!"

If you ask Europeans, the answer will be "don't bother".

Guys, if you would've said:

It will be hard to perform this beacause of X and Y and Z, I'd respect it. But to just throw the entire idea in the sink with no motivation what so ever is just plain rude.

Come on, positive thinking!!

I sounds like a great idea.

Should be a series of at least 750 watches to get done properly (=incentive for whoever will make it...and dont forget to get an inspection of the prototype before ordering)

Now what AP to replicate? and who will in Asia will do the jobb?