When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Aquaracer 500m Full Black has been released

I've waited for some time on this beauty, this is a Tag that really caught my attention concerning PVD watches.

No price yet, but it looks good at first sight. Don't know if the lume is yellowish-green on the rep though (hard to decide on the pics). Also the bezel dot has this lume. The datewheel is wrong as well, should be black with white lettering, this one is white with black lettering.

Gen is brushed titanium with PVD coating, AR-coated on the inside only. Clasp is brushed titanium without PVD Coating.

It was released at Baselworld 2010. Retail price normally is $2750 but can be found at $1925.

Before buying this watch, I'd like to refer to the detailed review b16a2 wrote about the SS version:REVIEW

What are your thoughts on this one?

Rep:

1.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Gen:

Img13973.jpg

Img13951.jpg

Img13970.jpg

Img13976.jpg

Img13963.jpg

video:

I tried to buy the genuine of this watch, but both watches from Tag were poor quality, with dust under the crystal of one and scratches on the edge of the minute hand of the other :(

Still love the watch though, so I will 100% buy this rep, can't be any worse QC than the gen :lol:

I tried to buy the genuine of this watch, but both watches from Tag were poor quality, with dust under the crystal of one and scratches on the edge of the minute hand of the other :(

Still love the watch though, so I will 100% buy this rep, can't be any worse QC than the gen :lol:

that's crazy...what is the RRP on this watch mickey?

nice watch all the same

I'm on this watch (not full black) since I think that it's one of the best out of the box.

There is something interesting on the gen full black: the rotor!

Now this is the same as on the reps

Gen:

post-8918-0-15399600-1305203048.jpg

FULL BLACK:

post-8918-0-67569200-1305203197.jpg

rep:

post-8918-0-94305000-1305203233.jpg

I think we'll have a super super rep very soon..

It is on Kings site for $325, which is quite high considering it is listed as steel/PVD instead of the correct lightweight titanium carbide, has a white not black date wheel, and the wrong coloured Calibre 5 on the dial.....

http://www.kingshowbox.com/goods-6268.html

Worst out of all the Tag 500M's for accuracy by a very wide margin, one to skip, what a shame :p

It's still up on PC @ $328, it's been there all week. Code 00tgaq00085 in http://www.1-pc8838.com/advanced_search.php should get it. Pity about all the flaws, was looking forward to a good version of this. Looks like they will ship this one for a while. I'd still like somebody to buy it and come back on here and put up some pics so we can have a good squint at it. Who's goin to be the guinea pig. :)

The gen it as light as a feather and it's a major feature of the watch, in steel this will feel all wrong! 100% not going to get this, seems like a wasted release, let the factory correct it first, vote with your wallet and don't buy! :p

Ask your dealer about it, say your interested in buying, but only when they fix all the multiple, glaring flaws ;)

Titanium PVD case, titanium clasp (not PVD steel) black date font, white Calibre 5, single sided AR crystal, frosted display back crystal, rubberised crown and bezel and green/yellow lume colour :p

I don't think anyone should buy it, just photoshop any of the steel, black dial Tag 500M reps posted on the board. Simply switch the steel finish to PVD instead, since that is all the factory seems to have done with this half assed rep! :lol:

The link is back up now: http://www.1-pc8838.com/00tgaq00085-aquaracer-500m-automatic-pvdru-black-orig-p-10123.html

This bit makes me laugh: "Note : The Genuine does not have AR coating on the Crystal"

The gen does have quality single sided AR, unlike any of the other 500M range, utter rubbish......

Thanks Mickey for the info, I wasn't even aware there were that many flaws, fair play for pointing them all out! I will get onto a few dealers aswell and ask them to push the factories for a corrected version. Judging by the their usual form we should see it in about 2013 :)

Such a shame, I think though we might be grasping at straws getting them to go titanium, if at the very least they corrected the fonts, logos, ar, crown and lume then while I'm not sure how it will hold up, but it would be interesting to see it. I will however tell them to get cracking on the getting it done in titanium. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...