When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This is what i miss in the reviews

tessa

There are meny good rep reviews here but i sometimes miss that people grade WELL BUILT and not only GEN LIKE. I would like both and it would be great if RWG used a standard mal so it would be easier for the readers to read and compare.

This is not criticism i just believe it could be better and could be better organized on RWG.

Comments? :clapping:

Well thats though question which i cant answer.

And very objective too.

But a good question because many of the reviews are way too old.

Hope that there will be one section where it would be just reviews and where skilled members can write reviews

There already is a section for reviews and many 'skilled' dedicated members have taken hours over each one!!

If you feel there should be a more noob friendly one, then I would suggest buying a piece and giving your own review of it! Then you can put in anything you feel is 'missing' from all the great reviews we have on this Forum!

Watch_fanatic, do some searching and reading on the brands you most like, there is a subforum for all the main, popular brands and in there you will find what others have thought of whatever watch. The 'Search' button is your friend! Don't just post a thread asking what is the best :insert name here: or who does the best.... Do some research of your own and you will find the watch for you!!

Sixx :bones:

There already is a section for reviews and many 'skilled' dedicated members have taken hours over each one!!

If you feel there should be a more noob friendly one, then I would suggest buying a piece and giving your own review of it! Then you can put in anything you feel is 'missing' from all the great reviews we have on this Forum!

Watch_fanatic, do some searching and reading on the brands you most like, there is a subforum for all the main, popular brands and in there you will find what others have thought of whatever watch. The 'Search' button is your friend! Don't just post a thread asking what is the best :insert name here: or who does the best.... Do some research of your own and you will find the watch for you!!

Sixx :bones:

Yes angry but now you are telling me something i know. I still believe things can be better and better organized on this website. Sometimes i feel that josh is my most trusted friend on this forum and it should not be that way. Josh is a dealer and believe a lot of other member feel that way too. Maybe im wrong or maybe Josh is doing a fantastic job :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There are meny good rep reviews here but i sometimes miss that people grade WELL BUILT and not only GEN LIKE. I would like both and it would be great if RWG used a standard mal so it would be easier for the readers to read and compare.

This is not criticism i just believe it could be better and could be better organized on RWG.

Comments? :clapping:

Just show us how, please. :)

ummmm...this is a community and not just a review site...many members do terrific reviews...they are usually posted in Brand forums - which are setup for members that have an interest in those brands...these reviews spawn dialog, discussion, etc...that's how it works here...we learn from each other...also, as you get more into this hobby, you will see that many attributes are subjective..."well-built" to me can be a lot different to someone else...the reviews, dialogs, and countless posts can assist in purchasing, style, and taste...but its up to YOU, to decide what's important to you...

keep in mind, also, that there is constant change in quality from the manufacturers and factories...and not every "new" piece is better than the "older" pieces...matter of fact, some of the best reps are still ones that have been around for years, or have been discontinued...so these reviews are still relevant - directly and indirectly...

if you are looking for a perfectly organized sterile site of subjective watch information, perhaps you should not be here...and should check out the reviews on Amazon, Consumer Reports, etc, etc...

Hold back guys. No need for flaming here, the point is a valid one.

Yes, hours are spent making reviews, but each review is re-inventing the wheel when it comes to format. Perhaps it would be useful to generate a format if issues that are relevant and of interest.

And I agree that the basic construction of the watch should be top of the list, while it is some reviews remains unmentioned. Clear examples are water proof testing, time-keeping, lume and detailing such as depth of engravings. It is clear that some are much better made than others. As a specific example I have a beautifully looking Cartier Pasha which should be a proper sports watch, but which cannot be water proofed. Big negative and not an obvious point unless highlighted.

To have these covered by some standard format would be highly useful for anyone considering a purchase, not just a noob.

It would still be possible to put a personal stamp on the reviews. As a check list for issues to cover it is not a bad idea. How to get this right may take some thinking and discussion, but it is a good idea.

I have actually reflected on a format and the real issue is that people tend to make stuff up to "fill in the boxes" or don't bother at all. Reps do not lend themselves to consumer reports. Reviews are a labor of love by the reviewer. People always strive to write good reviews but they are coming at it from all different angles. Difficult for someone to call a rep gen like if they don't have the gen. What they can do is point out the aesthetics pictorially to gen, compare to other reps already out there or just give general reviews based on perception. Standardization is almost impossible. People generally do the best that they can with the info, facts, pics and time they have to put it all together. I always welcome an honest review no matter what the quality or content because it provides another data point. If you ever look at a review on the purist forums they are fairly subjective as well. My 2 cents.