When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any comments ..318

greekgod

Hello every one..

Some of you are aware that I got my first rep watch about 2 weeks ago .. a Pan 318 K series from Andrew. The watch has been working perfect and I understand that if something has to go wrong it normally happens in the first week or so. ...

Now today I found the watch to be running 15 mins behind time around late afternoon time.... and the time shown was 14:35... whereas it was 14:50. Anyways I thought I had not wound the watch and adjusted the time ...now exactly an hour later I find the watch is again 15 mins behind stuck at 15:35..The watch can not be wound anymore and the seconds seem to be working ok ..

Please I need some guidance here as to what I should do .. I have not got the watch serviced or anything after it arrived...I like it a lot and cant believe its broken already!!

Hello every one..

Some of you are aware that I got my first rep watch about 2 weeks ago .. a Pan 318 K series from Andrew. The watch has been working perfect and I understand that if something has to go wrong it normally happens in the first week or so. ...

Now today I found the watch to be running 15 mins behind time around late afternoon time.... and the time shown was 14:35... whereas it was 14:50. Anyways I thought I had not wound the watch and adjusted the time ...now exactly an hour later I find the watch is again 15 mins behind stuck at 15:35..The watch can not be wound anymore and the seconds seem to be working ok ..

Please I need some guidance here as to what I should do .. I have not got the watch serviced or anything after it arrived...I like it a lot and cant believe its broken already!!

Hi,

First of all, the watch is not broken! The watch movement is running very slow and needs adjusting. You can either do this yourself by opening the case back and adjusting the (sorry the proper technical terms are lost in my brain) regulator pin located by the mainspring.

But, I advise you not to take my advice above and the best thing to do is to get the movement serviced.

The movements are usually very dirty and not oiled correctly. A proper service will allow you to enjoy the watch much more.

Btw the 318 is extremely sexy

Hey lobster thanks very much. Also just letting you know that now the way has basically stopped or moves by a fraction and shows 15:55 hrs. The seconds hands are running smooth. Also the wind is stuck at full charge!

Basically I'll get it serviced. Thanks very much mate.

Hi Greek, so having problems with your new baby.....

Like Lobster says, have it service by a local rep friendly watchsmith, but before you need to do some numbers: maybe is better to buy a new 6497 beating at 21600 bph wich is not as noisy as the 18000 bph.

Search in Getat and other places the possibility to buy one. I think that for 40-70$ range you can have a new quieter movement.

For me is the only mod needed to that watch.

Edited by pabler

Hi Greek, so having problems with your new baby.....

Like Lobster says, have it service by a local rep friendly watchsmith, but before you need to do some numbers: maybe is better to buy a new 6497 beating at 21600 bph wich is not as noisy as the 18000 bph.

Search in Getat and other places the possibility to buy one. I think that for 40-70$ range you can have a new quieter movement.

For me is the only mod needed to that watch.

I second that Pabler. You are right, if you going for a service, buy a better asian movement while you are at it. Alternatively ask your watchsmith whether he has one in stock.

Humm one finds out new things everytime :) ... Yes Pabler unfortunately I am experiencing some issues. BUt thats great advise I search for it now. At the moment the issue is of finding a watch smith in Sydney. Its just that I want to visit one who has worked on Pan reps before, otherwise there are plenty around. Thx Pabler and Lobster..I am searching for a enw moment as well !

Getat's seagull A6497-2 with 21,600 bph is definetely the way to go...

Cost is $40 and best Asian 6497 no doubt!

Ok so if Getat is the best place to buy ill ge it from there ..unless i can get it in sydney somewhere? Also I pm you in regards to the address of ur watch guy if you dont mind sharing the contact ...thanks very much.

Guys will this be the correct moment to get?

"17 Jewels Blue Screw Balance Hand-winding Asian 6497 Movement with Decoration"

http://www.siswatch727.com/index.do I am not sure if this link takes u the correct place but with in moment menu of the site this is the very first option its a seagull 6497 21,600 bph. it costs $38

just want to confirm thx.

Yes, it would be possible to put in a Swiss 6497-1 or 6497-2 in. Advantages, imo not realy. The 6497-1 cost at least twice as much over the seagull one and as far iv'e read so far there is not much of quality difference. The 6497-2 will set you back 500$.