When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob ceramic sub... Any other modding options?

cougaree

Guys,

Submariners are generally not my thing, but recently I start liking the ceramic sub I got from a trade.

My plan is getting BK mod on the crystal gasket and dw first, then install gen tube and crown.

Are there anything else I can do on this watch?

The cgs doesn't seem too large. Do I still need to have them shaved? Will the watch fit gen dial and crystal?

Thanks for your help and expertise!

The rep Sub C is a VERY nice watch in its own right. But not close enough to the gen to have too expensive mods done, IMHO. Save that for BKs TW sub. :)

The thicknes and shape of the case and bezel are a bit different from the gen, and can't be modded to look closer to the gen.

The cgs are not too large but almost too small, so are the lugs.

If you really want it modded a BK date wheel is the first thing I would do. Then perhaps have the cyclops AR treated and relume the dial and hands.

The crown is close enough to the gen. If someone is expert enough to call you out on this watch it's going to happen before they even see the crown.

Here is the gen...

img1136at.jpg

Notice the hour hand? I find it to be extremely annoying that the factory couldn't get that right.

As for the gen dial swapping... why would you want to switch it for a 16800 or a 16610? It would make it a fantasy... unless that is what you want? The sub-c's not only have blue lume but they also use the maxi-dial.

Edited by phillycheez