When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Rep: Pam 026k

Bato69

I been spending a few weeks on these forums looking and trying to learn as much as I can on various watches and overall just enjoying the great reviews and pictures you guys have provided. I didn't realize it would become an addiction and although I was going to just get Watch A, the search for what I wanted has turned into my personal search of the "Holy Grail."

Trolling the forums I stumbled upon Joshua's Pam 026K and I realized I hit the whammy. Small butterflies started churning inside my stomach and I wanted this watch. I spend looking at the various pic's still waiting for Joshua to PM me back and his website seems to be down again but I love the look of the watch. I love the grey casing, its already super lumed and if the description is correct the strap is great as well which if its not can be remedied with a new 22mm from Strap-Works.

However, spending more and more time looking at pictures and reading up more I saw something finally addressed in article I didn't realize before. Its a "LEFTY." Keep in mind I don't own any reps and I only been a fan for a few weeks so don't mock me to bad. So here is where I have a few questions.

1) I love the overall look and based on his review and several others out of the box its a great watch with no mod's needed. However what are your guy's thoughts about it being a lefty?

2) I was considering the 177m but does it come in a PVD/Grey Color? It is the most appealing aspect of the watch in my opinion.

3) I understand that the same manufacturer makes a Pam 005 K and I am also aware that a 005 I Gen comes in PVD.

Here are my priorities and likes in order:

1) 026 Bezel color and the fact it is super lumed and no relume job is needed.

2) 026 is Titanium and much lighter then steel. (By much and how it feels differently is difficult for me to assess since I don't own anything in comparison).

Concerns:

1) How is the look on the left hand with the crown on the left side for right hand-users (meaning wearing it on the left hand with crown pointing at the forearm)? Is it bothersome etc. Discomfort. No difference?

2) Overall appeal wearing a 'Lefty' on the left hand side in cosmetic terms.

What I am looking for is basically the same watch or close to it in COLOR, in titanium by the same manufacturer or superior in quality as a right handed version. Any slamming, and mocking may begin now. I will consider all input and it will help me get closer to either purchasing the 026 or the exact item I been looking for.

Edited by Bato69

We share one concern, how does a lefty look on a left arm. I bought the 26K and I did not like it at all.

End up buying and modding a Pre-A 009 from DSN with FGD dial and hands.

foto152.jpg

The 360 will come soon.

These are all Base models, so without a second hand.

Thanks, I was figuring as much but I keep listening to hear what others have to say. I just don't want to get something and realize regardless of the look on its own, it still has to look good on me :) So what choices do I have left?

How many Titanium version come in a PVD/DLC? I mean it would be amazing if the 177m came in PVD.

2) 026 is Titanium and much lighter then steel. (By much and how it feels differently is difficult for me to assess since I don't own anything in comparison).

No, the 026 is steel... (oops, I see dluddy answered this already)

I have the 26k, and it's the best rep I've received stock standard.

It's my daily wear and virtually indistinguishable to the gen.

It's a bit odd looking, and feeling at first, but it's quite unique looking and really grows on you after a while.

I sometimes wear on my right wrist, but it's quite uncomfortable, sort of like dressing to left, or right, but opposite than what you're used to. :whistling:

No, the 026 is steel... (oops, I see dluddy answered this already)

I have the 26k, and it's the best rep I've received stock standard.

It's my daily wear and virtually indistinguishable to the gen.

It's a bit odd looking, and feeling at first, but it's quite unique looking and really grows on you after a while.

I sometimes wear on my right wrist, but it's quite uncomfortable, sort of like dressing to left, or right, but opposite than what you're used to. :whistling:

Thanks for the correction and you are right the 26k is indeed steel. And yes you are right as well most of my research indicates that the 26k is the best in stock out of the box. But it just looks so odd I can imagine it being on my left hand having to reach over the bezel to make an adjustment or play with it or whatever. Just strange.

I ran into this and was wondering what your guys thoughts are.

Little darker then 026k but everything on the right side. I hope more people post. I am just so torn.

Although you can DLC Ti, there are no Gen's or reps that do this.

If you oxidize the Ti, you can get a nice dark result. Do a search for Oxiclean in the Panerai forum.

Researching as we speak. If it turns out well or I see pics with good results, might just get a 177m modded and do this. Let me see :) Thanks dluddy.

But it just looks so odd I can imagine it being on my left hand having to reach over the bezel to make an adjustment or play with it or whatever. Just strange.

It is a bit odd looking, but that's part of the beauty in it...

I don't think you'll be adjusting it when it's on your wrist, but if you want to wind it, I find it quite comfortable either facing it down towards the ground and wind, or reach around while it faces up... The latter is actually more comfortable than a regular non-destro crown crown IMO...

Concerns:

1) How is the look on the left hand with the crown on the left side for right hand-users (meaning wearing it on the left hand with crown pointing at the forearm)? Is it bothersome etc. Discomfort. No difference?

2) Overall appeal wearing a 'Lefty' on the left hand side in cosmetic terms.

Having worn everything on my right hand, i would imagine wearing a destro on the left hand would be just about as comfortable as wearing a noraml watch on the right hand. (if that makes sense)

Same goes for question 2.

That being said, i should mention that i don't yet own a destro watch but just ordered one last night. Unlike you, however, i prefer an SS version instead of PVD. haha

That's why i went for the 217.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah since then I have undergone a lot of reading and viewing and my final choices are narrowed down to the new Pam 360 released sometime this week. Check it out unsure of release date. If possible a 177M (with the new modified Platinum movement being offered.) I will keep people posted once its actually ordered.