When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has Anyone Purchased A Breitling Super Avenger?

Estaban

I haven't out of two concerns. First, the bezel pearl and pearl holder look noticeably different and the top sub dial on the gens I have seen have a red stripe on the top above the numbers but within the sub-dial. IMHO, they are two obvious give aways. If someone else knows different I would love to hear. I have been wanting one ever since I got my Chrono Avenger. The prinicpal flaws there are fairly correctable with gen dial ($15) and proper lume so I am spoiled. :)

Swemoose-

Tuomii on ebay regularly has the Chrono Avenger dials. I have a spare blue one if you want it. I bought that one accidentally when the AR coat made the dial seem blue. Of course when you superimpose it against the black inner bezel (which is much tougher to find) it is more than a little obvious. :bangin:

Guest chronomat123

I just got the old discontinued extremely high quality polished and brushed stainless steel Avenger. Finally tracked one down from one of my buddies. Extremely strong AR, amazing quality watch. Weighs a ton, and I swear the bracelet is better than my genuine Pilot bracelet on my Crosswind and Headwind. Dial is the standard Avenger dial that comes with the Ti Avenger.

I have a nice little mod project in action with this one, tho. I'm having the rep Avenger dial refinished so that it has the red markings and silver subdials of a genuine Super Avenger.

Should look like this

132726-18822.jpg

when it's done :-)

Also adding a gen rubber strap.

Should look amazing. Will post pictures once the ball gets rolling.

Anyway, Esteban, the one you're looking at sucks. It has a Chronomat dial, poor quality bezel, and looks to have a plastic crystal. I wouldn't spend my money on that.

Chronomat123-The SA available from both Josh and Andrew has a sapphire crystal and seems to have good build quality. Yes, the dial is from a Chronomat, but frankly, Breitling makes so many varieties of their watches and has changed dials like the wind, so who would know. The new and old gen SAs have different bracelets altogether. Here are pics for comparison. I still have not heard of anyone purchasing this watch.

pics in order

Josh

Andrew

Gen

Gen

post-420-1160921487_thumb.jpg

post-420-1160921572_thumb.jpg

post-420-1160921601_thumb.jpg

post-420-1160921622_thumb.jpg