When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

automatic watch

kronah

Just curious to all that own an automatic watch. If you gently manually wind (wrist motion) the watch in the morning before putting it on lets say 20x will your automatic watch keep the time for you the whole day or do you have to constantly wind the watch with your wrist throughout the day? The reason I ask is I bought a very expensive Daytona Replica but after manually winding it before putting it on it stops keeping time after about 1 1/2 hours when its on my wrist. Is this normal?

Edited by kronah

sorry but what do you mean by manually winding the watch with the wrist? Are you only shaking the watch (wrist movement style) to wind the watch? If so, this may not be enough as you may also be turning the rotating bezel the wrong way. You should manually wind the watch carefully and gently via the crown in the immediate unlocked position. If you do that 20 times and then wear the watch constantly, then yeah as TeeJay said, the watch should run 24 hrs or so.

7750 movement only auto-winds in one direction. It needs more than 800 motions to fully wind. If you spin it in your hand the wrong direction, it will not wind at all.

If you spin it 20x ... that is a very small amount. 850x .. 870x ... is fully wound