When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You won't believe this...

iwan67

As much as we love Pams

Hate to say it but no one can touch Rolex wi respect to QC. Especially their service ceter. I just sent my F series TT sub into the service center for it's 4 year tuneup and it came back looking better than when I bought it from my AD

I have also owned several Omegas. Three diff Planet Oceans and one of them had a movement that died 6 months after purchase. It was sent to Omega for service and cam back only to die again a week later. THey finally got it right two months later but the point is that even with what many of us consider high end gens, there is the potential for issues (except Rolex for the most part)

I also owned a new Mercedes Benz ML350 a couple years ago that two days i drove it off the lot the amplifyier pooched out and had to be replaced (no I don't play my music loud, there was a bad circuit in the factory amp.

Sh*t happens

the only danger is for them to say "oh you need full service, refinishing for the case, etc." and send you a $600 bill.

oh... Even if i am within 2 Year warranty? I mean they even say on their website, that the warranty covers "manufactury defects".

So how can they sen me a bill for something that was wrong from the beginning? Otherwise it means, if i buy a new watch for $

i should take a magnifying glas to AD and spend big time checking if the watch has any flaws?

oh... Even if i am within 2 Year warranty? I mean they even say on their website, that the warranty covers "manufactury defects".

So how can they sen me a bill for something that was wrong from the beginning? Otherwise it means, if i buy a new watch for $

i should take a magnifying glas to AD and spend big time checking if the watch has any flaws?

If you are under 2 years, you should be OK.

• 2 weeks later...

When i took my pam to the authorized dealer to send it to repair he said to me "oh, that's right, but i wouldn't notice it myself" - intending, it's just an optical flaw that only "picky" people notice.

That sentence made my f$&king blood boil. I would have verbally torn this guy a new a$$hole for saying that, and I would make sure his boss knew of his sentiments as well.

There is literally nothing worse than incompetence.

The POINT of owning a very expensive Swiss watch is the DETAIL that went into making it! Otherwise, one can easily purchase a replica which basically looks the same and performs basically the same function. I have have a string of Citizens (used to wear Eco-Drives before I discovered the rep fora :p) and not a single one leaked, or had any of these fitting issues. And they were 300 bucks!

Imagine driving a new Hyundai out of a showroom, you look at the driver's door and it doesn't close properly. You'd be [censored], but you'd also know you paid 10 Grand. Now imagine it was a brand new S500L out of the showroom with the same problem. And then to be told, "oh come on buddy, the door still closes ,doesn't it? A little rain won't hurt!". This guy deserves a dose of right elbow to the jawbone.

I realize that we never hear about the guys who are happy with their watches, usually those that have the negative experience have a louder voice, that's cool. But this customer experience is so totally unprofessional, i don't know where to begin.

I recall mentioning this AD guy was a retard before, but based on this latest development, he is lucky It wasn't me returning that watch. Verbally taunting a customer for noticing a flaw on a VERY EXPENSIVE watch? Yoyyyyyyy...

I don't even know where to begin with this. Don't they have loupes at the factory? Maybe everytime we buy a Swiss watch, 5% of the profits should go to the "Donate a 10x Loupe to a poor Swiss watchmaker" Foundation.

Your time and energy which went into earning the MONEY that you used to pay for the watch entitle you not to have to worry about your purchase. Clear and simple.

I maintain this watch was fiddled with, and give Panerai the benefit of the doubt on this one. Otherwise, if this genuinely slipped through their procedures, I would be shocked and awed.

to TS.., just found out the other day.. my special edition pam 367 that i've been keeping.. and wore it the 1st time last week..

the hour and minute hands aren't aligned properly to the indices!!! as in: when the minute hand is on 12, the hour hand would be over the current hour indice a bit!!

i still love the watch, and the brand. and i'm probably gonna send the 367 in sometime later and get it fixed under warranty.., but to think that it's a special edition watch.., saw many forms of imperfections but never expected this kind of one. lol

LOL.

That sucks man. QC is becoming extinct anymore with everything. Units sell like crazy and things get overlooked.

Times are not what they used to be. Appreciation for honesty, integrity, and attention to detail is hard to find.

New TV's are a prefect example. They are amazing technology but last what... 3 years tops? Red lines, blank screens, ect. AND they cost way too much.