When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interest in AP Crystal Project

Let me start with the forewarning that I have done nothing on this but wanted to solicit interest. Just like the HBB's the AP rep crystal sits flush with the bezel while the gen is slightly elevated above it.

Pics of gen below:

26020STGen4.jpg

26020STGen5.jpg

With the number of crystal projects that have been done on the forums there is certainly someone who can do this. All it involves is raising the height dimension on a rep crystal (no point in starting with a gen crystal as it won't fit in the rep bezel). No AR required either so it should be easy. Beyond the aesthetic value I have found that the slight elevation can avoid some of the bezel scuffs we get due to the flat crystal. Would people be interested in this? If enough are I will reach out to one of the guys who have done crystals in the past and see if we can get something organized.

By the way if someone has already done this project let me know. I will just buy one from him. :D

I found that my seconds at 12 crystal was shipped flush. As I disassembled the bezel to sand out some scuffs and dents (also present on shipping) I found that there was room to push the crystal outward further, and that combined with gentle sanding brought the crystal nearly as far out as the gen pictures. I was concerned that the screws would stick up beyond the bezel but they were more flush w the bezel after all this.