When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hands installation...

Ueno

Hi so I will get a new crystal and new snowflake hand set for my tudor. Here is the problem. I know how to remove and install the new crystal but I do not know how to install the new hands and I do not even want to try to prevent any damage so I am taking it to a watch repair guy. Is it going to be ok for him to remove and install the new hands just with the crystal off or he is going to have to remove the movement from the case? I am asking this because I am thinking about taking the watch to get the hands installed before I put the new crystal on. What do you experts think? Sorry for annoying with this question...

Cheers

yeah i dont suggest you do the hands yourself if you have no experience, especially if you want them to be pristine. you can install new hands with just the crystal off, which is how i always do it in order to remove any dust from the dial before reinsertion. also it helps to have the stem installed while its seated in the case, cause if you screw up the keyless works you have to tear it all down and risk damaging the hands because at that point you have to remove them