When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling All Panerai Experts!

keeno

hi

Ive recenty bought my first ever rep from joshua,a Tag Link Chrono which i am over the moon with. Ive probably just been bitten by the rep bug because im chomping at the bit to order another from him. I like the look of the Pam 111 ss and am thinking of pulling the trigger.I love the idea of wearing a watch that cost less than £200 and looks almost identical to the real thing hence the Tag.So if any of you panarai experts could help me spot any flaws with this watch it would be greatly appreciated!!

here is the link from josh's site

http://perfect-clones.com/pn11102-asian-un...497-p-1169.html

many thanks

Steve

Well the 111 doesn't come on a bracelet. The watch shown doesn't have a sandwich dial but the case back shows it as an H series which does. The ERAIPANERAIPAN engraving is G series and it doesn't have a swan neck.

However saying that there are probably only a handful of people in the UK that could spot that. If you like it, buy it and don't worry what others say.

I've bought a 111 from Josh myself ref: PN11104.

Hello, the only thing really diffrent from the rep you are looking at and a genuine pam111 you would buy new is: The genuine pam111 does not offer a stainless steel band for the 111 nor does a genuine one fit on that model..."they come with a leather strap and will not fit a genuine OEM stainless steel/bracelet"...........I have seen quite a few people who have genuine pam111's with an aftermarket rep ss/bracelet on it.....Because the aftermarket rep ss/bracelet will fit on a genuine pam111, it would'nt be a sure give away the watch you are looking at is a replica "by having the ss/band" ,but....... a leather strap on a pam111 is the way it was intended to be worn, but it sure looks nice with a ss/bracelet on it............I myself like the way an all brushed ss/bracelet looks on my pam222.."which is another Panerai where the genuine is meant to only sport leather straps but looks great with the aftermarket ss/bracelet"...................As far as the look and feel of the watch itself?....I would say they are about 95% genuine looking on the wrist as is, and 99% if you have the cannon pinion changed to a taller one and super-lume the dial and hands but, if this was to be your first replica Panerai then the cannon pinion and extra lume will not bother you yet..........................Yet,............so when things like tiny amounts of space above the pin that holds your watch hands on, start to bother you and you feel you need to fix the few minor problems that only so few would ever notice.....Then, you will have gone Pamcrazy like myself and half of the watch freaks on this site.................Good luck, Wan (also,thats a fine choice for a first... Pam111) and Josh is a great seller!!!

Edited by wan

Wan has it right. This watch is very nice out of the box. If you run into people who wear PAM's and want people to believe it is real stay away from the H Series (no good crown guard), Super Lume it, eliminate the recessed cannon pinion and add consider replacing the crown (if not one of the better crowns). On the movement anyone who knows PAM's will automatically know it is not the gen movement - the finish just isn't there. If you are buying your first rep and none of your friends even know what a PAM is than don't bother with any of it. My first priority is always lume though. Every time you get on an elevator having been outside it makes a huge difference. :) Great first PAM rep.

cheers guys!!

pams are realy starting grow on me now but yet again its the same problem,which one do i buy!??im not realy into leather straps so i want a stainless one.im more than happy with josh so ive got the dealer problem sorted so now its time to get my first pam!!!!

i also like andrews luminor marina 165.so is there any noticable flaws with that model?

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=232

im not expecting anybody to spend their time looking at gen pictures and comparing them the rep pics,just any opinions would be appreciated

again thanks for your input guys

steve

Edited by keeno

Still lume issue. Now you have added a date and cyclops. Font on the date wheel is wrong and way too thin. But there should be a fix on the horizon for that. The cyclops is 1-2mm small and not gen magnification but not bad as far as reps go. The closest to gen out of the box is going to be non-date closed back model. :)

If you are concerned about accuracy, or are likely to become obsessed about it, then I suggest that you get a 001 instead. It has a correct solid caseback and correct pattern crownguard, for that 'B' series. Also you can replace the crownguard with a OEM quality item from Jimmy Fu, fix the cannon pinion, relume and get one of Palpatine's crowns to perfect your rep when the real anal obsession kicks in.

In contrast, the H series, with the display back will always display the rep movement and there is no good rep H series crownguard available.

i to am thinking about a 111h with a ss band because i like the look of the combonation, but it made me wonder if a 005 or a 113 was avaliable with a ss band?

i understand it is not uncomman to see this, but this post just made me curious about what gen pams were avaliable with ss bands from the factory?

If you are ok on a 40mm, then Joshua's 050 with 7750 is an almost-perfect out-of-the-box rep: very good date font and date mag, adequately thick crown, consistent engraving on the caseback. Almost undistinguishable from the gen (you need to be a PAM expert and have a gen side-to-side).

And it has bracelet too.