When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 v1

glennmichael

Hi all,

I am new to this forum.

I would like to seek your kind advise on the followings, as I am going to "pull the trigger" on acquiring my first Gen-cloned Sub.

1.) Is the WM9 v1 offered by Precious Time the WM9 that the forum has longed been talking about??

Since the review by By-Tor in year 2008, the watch is still the same original piece that we can get now?

Is there any difference to the quality of that watch from then till now?

2.) Since there is no way to get a WM9 V2 (new piece) nowadays, my best bet will be on this one from precious time? or anyone can give me any idea where I can get WM9 in today's context?

3.) Anyone who has recently bought this watch from PreciousIime can give a latest update of the watch??

Much appreciated to any kind input from the floor ;)

Many thanks in advanced.

Michael

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Very very long story short, pm bklm here on the forum.

Maybe someone will fill in the blanks for you here in the topic but i dont have time for this long story right now.

As i said pm bklm, he hase the wm9 v1 the onely good sub you get now days.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Mods needed on the pt/wm9 v1:

- shave crown gards

- new lume

- better insert

- bklm date overlay

Take it one step futher:

- better dial (without the flat "S" in submariner, wm9 v2 dial is the best

- gen crown and tube

- gen saphire cristal

- pt/wm9 end links on a wm9 v2 bracelet

+ the mods above, then you have a very very nice sub

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

You probebly bought the wm9/bklm V2 one year ago then.

lol, if it would be like that i would be happy. but you should know that pt never was selling wm9 v2.

always nice advices, go modd the watch with those gen parts and v2 and v3 parts. tell the asking guy where to find afterwards :D

Guest zeleni kukuruz

lol, if it would be like that i would be happy. but you should know that pt never was selling wm9 v2.

always nice advices, go modd the watch with those gen parts and v2 and v3 parts. tell the asking guy where to find afterwards :D

I thought you where talking about bk.

Mods needed on the pt/wm9 v1:

- shave crown gards - ( I am noob, where is the place to shave??)

- new lume - ( is it really that bad ? can i keep the original? )

- better insert ( JO insert and watchmaterial pearl?)

- bklm date overlay ( a must to overlay? how bad was the v1?)

Take it one step futher:

- better dial (without the flat "S" in submariner, wm9 v2 dial is the best

- gen crown and tube

- gen saphire cristal

- pt/wm9 end links on a wm9 v2 bracelet

+ the mods above, then you have a very very nice sub

Yeah to experts, pls advise!

pts is NOT the wm9 v1. the v1 had no engraving on the rehaut. it is just another sub that accepts gen parts, possibly a tw and possibly not. judge it not by its given title.

You can get it without Rehaut engraving per pictures above- you just ask PT. The PT sub was discussed previously and by-tor was pretty sure that it was the V1

pts is NOT the wm9 v1. the v1 had no engraving on the rehaut. it is just another sub that accepts gen parts, possibly a tw and possibly not. judge it not by its given title.

highoeyazmuhudee, I have two versions of the pt supreme, one with and one without rehaut engraving, the 1 first picture shows the pt supreme without rehaut engraving.

the last time i asked PT only the engraved version was available as the previous one was discontinued which would mean it wasnt the same version 1 (z serial), if he is now offering a clean rehaut then its hard to assume either way if it is indeed the same wm9 v1 mold or not. i have seen clean rehaut tw subs with m serials, they simply pull them before the machine engraves them. is your pt supreme "wm9v1" a z or an m serial?

the real question is, how well does the case compare to the gen

the last time i asked PT only the engraved version was available as the previous one was discontinued which would mean it wasnt the same version 1 (z serial), if he is now offering a clean rehaut then its hard to assume either way if it is indeed the same wm9 v1 mold or not. i have seen clean rehaut tw subs with m serials, they simply pull them before the machine engraves them. is your pt supreme "wm9v1" a z or an m serial?

the real question is, how well does the case compare to the gen

Fair question I'll take the bracelet off tonight and let you know. From a gen spec point of view - gen insert snapped in, clark crystal fitted perfectly and I have pressure checked, gen crown fits on existing tube

i bought this from PT about 2 years ago, which he claimed was a wm9 sub, given the time frame that could very well be. i think its just a 1:1 sub. does it look similar to yours?

5835887030_f85cf4e247_b.jpg

its an M serial, thin font datewheel. the rehaut engraving has been removed by myself, since the clean one was discontinued he said.

im also going to be selling this shortly with everything you see here as i still have some vintage parts to buy for my 5513

i bought this from PT about 2 years ago, which he claimed was a wm9 sub, given the time frame that could very well be. i think its just a 1:1 sub. does it look similar to yours?

5835887030_f85cf4e247_b.jpg

its an M serial, thin font datewheel. the rehaut engraving has been removed by myself, since the clean one was discontinued he said.

im also going to be selling this shortly with everything you see here as i still have some vintage parts to buy for my 5513

@zeleni, i don´t know what you are talking about, the first picture on the left shows the sean case and on the right the supreme (m series, non rehaut engraved, so no wm9 v1)

high yeah,

i think the confusions came from that nobody really knows what is a wm9 v1 or not and by-tor called the wm9 v1 as tw best. pt claims it a wm9 v1 although his models, with or without rehaut engravings, are all m -serialz. i think it´s the same as tw best case.

on my supremes the tubes accept gen crowns, crystal and gen insert (not snap in tightly). the sean case bezel seems to be to small for gen inserts, i can´t snap them in.

btw sean case is an m-serial too

Edited by Eiderdaus

img3387r.jpg

on top is the sean case, in the middle the recently bought pt supreme without rehaut engraving and on the bottom the pt supreme with rehaut engraving.

all 3 cases have the same case engraving between the top lugs

img3389uy.jpg

org rolex desing

this is not correct for this case as this case is a 16610T case without drilled lugholes

here is the wm9 v3 engraving

img3394g.jpg

little freestyle engraving, its off but it´s complete.

for comparism here my gen 16610LN

img3393q.jpg

and maybe some of you experienced this as well, the SEL are too long on the supreme or tw best.

comparism

on the left side sean bracelet - right side gen

img3395a.jpg

left side noob - right side gen

img3396j.jpg

left side sean - right side noob

img3397m.jpg

so the SEL are too long and therefore the noob SEL has a better seat on the case. You would need to modify the SEL on tw best and supreme bracelet to have a proper seat. I sanded this on one other bracelet down so it works now.

and what i realised, the SEL on my gen are build of one piece, the reps are not

Edited by Eiderdaus