When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where can I find a correct 16660/16600 bracelet?

EMM

I've got a v2 SSD that Pb converted into a 16660. Like a lot of SSDs, it came with a bracelet that has no model number on the last link. It has the number "72200" on the "face" of the SEL where it meets the case But that's the model number for the Turn-O-Graph bracelet, and this bracelet looks like an SD bracelet, with the one panel diver's extension and large fold-over clasp. So it's kind of close, but not really there.

According to the stickie, what matches the 16660/16600 is a 93160 bracelet with 592 SELs (592B for the 16600, no idea what the difference is). Is there a rep of that bracelet anywhere? If not, is what I have as close as I'm going to get without going gen?

Thanks

There was a mint condition 93160/952B for sale on the Vintage Rolex Market along with a 93150/593. Some lucky blighter snapped both up yesterday for $1000. 93160s show up on eBay every so often. The main difference between the old and new is that you can only access the spring bars through the lug holes – there are no little nicks in the endlinks for non-lughole access.

93160.jpg

Edited by creation88

Are you talking about the pair Dr B is selling?

As far as I can tell they are still for sale.

I've been considering one of them

http://www.network54.com/Forum/207673/thread/1308001940/FS-+2+x+93160+Bands+for+16660-16600+Sea+Dweller%2C+Reduced%21%21%21

I can't tell if they are the same ones that sold

I've had my eyes on those 93160s of Dr. B's, but its a big GAMBLE. What if the end links don't match up with your case? Hopefully you could come up with a good story and send it back pronto for a refund. You certainly wouldn't want to tell Dr. B that it didn't fit your rep watch!

I wonder if jmb could engrave the 93160 in an end link of your bracelet?

Which of those two will work? The first one has all the right numbers, but the second one seems like the right time period.

Also, I'm worried that the holes PB drilled to modify the SSD case won't line up - I'm guessing since he used the existing bracelet, he lined them up for looks rather than to match a gen bracelet.

I've had my eyes on those 93160s of Dr. B's, but its a big GAMBLE. What if the end links don't match up with your case? Hopefully you could come up with a good story and send it back pronto for a refund. You certainly wouldn't want to tell Dr. B that it didn't fit your rep watch!

I wonder if jmb could engrave the 93160 in an end link of your bracelet?

Dr B had those listed 3 weeks ago. I offered him 550 then, but no go.

I'd think they would fit pretty close. The two other gen bracelets I bought in the past fit.