When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something for the BMW fans

By-Tor

M5, a great super sedan. :good:

1999-bmw-m5-655.jpg

1999-bmw-m5-654.jpg

I just recently bought a "hobbyist car" BMW E39 and fell in love with the brand again. E28 still has "special place" in my heart as E28 528i was my first ever "nice car".

Rep Benz?

Just like Breitling is a rep Rolex, eh Dave? :D

I also "own" a new Merc E200 CDI (my company car). It's my third Merc in a row. I have to say BMW's have more spirit. :good:

a rep Benz without question.

Gotta agree with the man this time.

Just for the people who don't know... Dave sent me a pic of his Merc just recently.

mercambulance016-20090601-113850.jpg

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Gotta agree with the man this time.

Just for the people who don't know... Dave sent me a pic of his Merc just recently.

mercambulance016-20090601-113850.jpg

Hahahahahaahhaahah

That's cool Dave. SL is very nice.

I wouldn't mind a vintage SL myself.

vint.jpg

...not that there's anything wrong with the BMW 3.0 CS, either.

home-image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks D.

I love my BMW E39 though. It's an awesome car. It's now in my father's garage. I found new leather seats for it.

And when it comes to handling, I actually liked my old Merc E better (2003 model). The new E-klasse has way too soft suspension. It's a taste thing of course, but I prefer harder... more "German" suspension. This drives like a big Peugeot 605/607, without the French cruisers' unique comfort. And the interior wood parts are black. :thumbdown:

This is the "Avantgarde"-model though. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks D.

I love my BMW E39 though. It's an awesome car. It's now in my father's garage. I found new leather seats for it.

And when it comes to handling, I actually liked my old Merc E better (2003 model). The new E-klasse has way too soft suspension. It's a taste thing of course, but I prefer harder... more "German" suspension. This drives like a big Peugeot 605/607, without the French cruisers' unique comfort. And the interior wood parts are black. :thumbdown:

This is the "Avantgarde"-model though. Maybe that has something to do with it?

When i first started driving,my dad had a 1991 300E,that thing was a tank,i still say had to be one of the best MB sedans ever built (or any sedan for that matter) ,nothing they make today was a reliable as that car,drove it forever and fixed nothing. They are not what they use to be but i still love them... :good:

Oh yes now we're talking. I had the 124 too. Brand new... last 1995 model (the facelift, remember?). Black... with grey trim on the doors. "Last great Merc" as they say. But mine was diesel... it was lazy as hell. E250 20 valve model... it had that "grill" on the right fender. 112 hp and ZERO torque w/ low rpm. :D

500E would be a great hobbyist car.

343_1990_mercedes_benz_e500_w124_2.jpg

My wife a purist,as she says..."what happened to when they just had the big Mercedes and small Mercedes,both the same car but different size?,now they have a million different cars"....

A woman's take (that doesn't follow cars) but MB did get way to carried away,not sure if it was the Chrysler merger but i think so. The B Class i see on the road makes me want to vomit.

Your pic there is classic MB,the best at the time and they can't replace...

Yeah... I like the older cars much more. I don't know what it is but getting a new car does nothing for me. It's owned by our company and if something comes up you drive it to the official Merc service. They're STERILE.

But buying a 10 or 20-year old car in pristine condition is something else. Those cars have "spirit". Plus when you run into a problem you can still be a real man and fix it yourself. With these new cars... they have Windows7 with a few viruses inside. :thumbdown:

These two models have always fascinated me. BMW 850 and Porsche 928. I don't know what it is... maybe it's because they weren't so much "in your face" models... like the 'Vette and 911.

BMW-850-CSi--Baureihe-E31--Baujahr-1992--Porsche-928-GT--Baujahr-1989-r498x333-C-35d67449-300701.jpg

Actually I might get one... they're not that expensive to buy. :g:

PS: I also have a "soft spot" for the Frenchies. Peugeot 607 must have been the best looking sedan in the whole decade. Great looking car (imho). The new 508 was a huge downgrade.

peugeot-607-11.JPG