When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars Piquet Royal Oak

mashk

No, No and NO. This is a pretty fine example what the makers can do wrong....inside, outside, backside....complete fantasy and not very nicely done.

If you want a cheap one to try, go for the "PARIS Boutique"....grey black dial...the dealers carry it as well.

Just my poor 0.02$

Theo

No, No and NO. This is a pretty fine example what the makers can do wrong....inside, outside, backside....complete fantasy and not very nicely done.

If you want a cheap one to try, go for the "PARIS Boutique"....grey black dial...the dealers carry it as well.

Just my poor 0.02$

Theo

I must agree ! Not nice and totally fantasy

I am with Madred on this all the way. This is one of the last ones you would want to buy because it isn't a rep.

@watchmeister: it's a replica i found it in this web site this the link for he watch :

http://www.watchsolution.com/hybrid-replica-watches/audemars-piquet-royal-oak-swiss-60.html

since am new in replica so that way i posted to check it with other members that might have better knowledge than me

Cheers

@watchmeister: it's a replica i found it in this web site this the link for he watch :

http://www.watchsolution.com/hybrid-replica-watches/audemars-piquet-royal-oak-swiss-60.html

since am new in replica so that way i posted to check it with other members that might have better knowledge than me

Cheers

In the jargon here replica means a fake of which an (almost) identical Genuine version exists. Contrast that to a fantasy which is a fake with the branding of a genuine maker, but not an existing model.

Lots of members here spend much time comparing minute differences between the Rep and the Gen and in doing so, the fora have been instrumental in improving the quality of the reps.

However for the rare and very expensive watches like AP I would worry much more about the overall quality of the watch than the precise accuracy to an existing model.

This may not be a high quality watch. But as long as a fantasy is close enough to be plausible, the overall quality matters more than accuracy to a genuine model.

There is a good example of the difference here:

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/new-photos-my-jlc-master-79204.html?p=778108#post778108

Having said all that, there are some exceptionally good AP reps out there. So that might be why some members are so against fantasy models.

In the jargon here replica means a fake of which an (almost) identical Genuine version exists. Contrast that to a fantasy which is a fake with the branding of a genuine maker, but not an existing model.

Lots of members here spend much time comparing minute differences between the Rep and the Gen and in doing so, the fora have been instrumental in improving the quality of the reps.

However for the rare and very expensive watches like AP I would worry much more about the overall quality of the watch than the precise accuracy to an existing model.

This may not be a high quality watch. But as long as a fantasy is close enough to be plausible, the overall quality matters more than accuracy to a genuine model.

There is a good example of the difference here:

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/new-photos-my-jlc-master-79204.html?p=778108#post778108

Having said all that, there are some exceptionally good AP reps out there. So that might be why some members are so against fantasy models.

That being said though, at the end of the day, no one believes you have a 20k watch on any ways, so you're only fooling yourself at best. If you like the watch and it's a good price it'll do the same job as a rep.

That being said though, at the end of the day, no one believes you have a 20k watch on any ways, so you're only fooling yourself at best. If you like the watch and it's a good price it'll do the same job as a rep.

If you think I am fooling myself with a ROO worth $20k, what about the other 49 watches in my collection...... :D

If you think I am fooling myself with a ROO worth $20k, what about the other 49 watches in my collection...... :D

What I am saying for the other guy is that, if he has found a watch that he likes and it's a fantasy AP instead of a replica of a real AP, and it's in his price point, he might as well go for it, because at the end of the day someone that knows their watches problem won't think he's wearing the 20k real thing anyways.

What I am saying for the other guy is that, if he has found a watch that he likes and it's a fantasy AP instead of a replica of a real AP, and it's in his price point, he might as well go for it, because at the end of the day someone that knows their watches problem won't think he's wearing the 20k real thing anyways.

Why?, how do you know if this guy has a good economic position, some of us rep collectors have a profession or a good economical position in which you can expect the watch in question to be GEN, you cannot generalize just because he is posting in a replica forum. Or he could be a guy that travels to dangerous places and wants to have a rep in case he gets mugged or something, these are things you cannot know.

I say purchase based on 2 things, the watch you like, and the closest to GEN possible to really enjoy this Hobby!

Edited by kimerathon1

Why?, how do you know if this guy has a good economic position, some of us rep collectors have a profession or a good economical position in which you can expect the watch in question to be GEN, you cannot generalize just because he is posting in a replica forum. Or he could be a guy that travels to dangerous places and wants to have a rep in case he gets mugged or something, these are things you cannot know.

I say purchase based on 2 things, the watch you like, and the closest to GEN possible to really enjoy this Hobby!

Umm... basically you ended this with what I was explaining. Perhaps you didn't read what I wrote?

If he likes the watch and it's in his price range why not get it? unless he is going to be around watch experts that know what the gen 20k looks like, no one is the wiser. For the most part he would just know that it isn't a gen, or a replica of a gen.

Half these watches most people have never heard of, and if they did, they can't tell the difference between the 100's of different models, vintages, special editions, limited editions, and modifications.

I don't know this guy so i don't want to, and haven't judged his economic position, however you can have the best rep ever of a super expensive watch, but when you're salting my fries nobody will ever believe it, and aside from rolex's most people can't tell the difference from a timex.