When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

swap from 2813 to 4813 josh's explorer I

holytexas123456

I purchased an explorer I from Josh a couple of years ago. The movement has recently began to break, and I am interested in repairing it. Rather than buy a new 2813 movement, I was curious if I could swap the movement for a smoother sweeping 4813 movement? Also, I was looking to buy form ofrei, is he any good?

The 4813 from Ofrei is the one with the shorter canon. There are 4813 that have the same movement height as the 2813. I have tried all of the variations. So far I'm liking the 2838 and 2836 dateless ones. There is always the Asian 2836-2 version. Seems smooth but have found a few issues with skipping and locking when playing tennis.

E

The 4813 from Ofrei is the one with the shorter canon. There are 4813 that have the same movement height as the 2813. I have tried all of the variations. So far I'm liking the 2838 and 2836 dateless ones. There is always the Asian 2836-2 version. Seems smooth but have found a few issues with skipping and locking when playing tennis.

E

Where would I go about getting a 2836 or 2838? Are those fully compatible with my watch?

thanks so much in advance

I'm sorry you two, but this is not going to work.

You can not buy a A21j watch and then later drop an eta or eta clone into it.

The dial and all the hands are the wrong size. End of story. You would have to source the correct eta hands ... And cut the mounting feet off the dial, then glue the dial in place. But why go to that trouble.

I'm sorry you two, but this is not going to work.

You can not buy a A21j watch and then later drop an eta or eta clone into it.

The dial and all the hands are the wrong size. End of story. You would have to source the correct eta hands ... And cut the mounting feet off the dial, then glue the dial in place. But why go to that trouble.

Ergo, you can put an ETA into an original A21j case. The 2836 and 4813 are both DG movements, and use the DG hands. I have used both with great results. Recently I purchased an Asian 2836-2 and it rocks. A little loud for ticking, but it's smooth and can handle me running with a pit bull and playing rough with it. The pit bull that is.

E

Ergo, you can put an ETA into an original A21j case. The 2836 and 4813 are both DG movements, and use the DG hands. I have used both with great results. Recently I purchased an Asian 2836-2 and it rocks. A little loud for ticking, but it's smooth and can handle me running with a pit bull and playing rough with it. The pit bull that is.

E

More power to you. Send us pics when you are done swapping your new china clone for an a21j and have it all assembled.

I'm look forward to viewing these impressive photographs,

E

You mean 2813 right? The 2836 in itself is and ETA movement. There are asian clones of it but not by DG. In either incarination the hands are not the same size as a 4813.

2836 = 90/150/25

2813/4813 = 100/150/17

You mean 2813 right? The 2836 in itself is and ETA movement. There are asian clones of it but not by DG. In either incarination the hands are not the same size as a 4813.

2836 = 90/150/25

2813/4813 = 100/150/17

Well, technically, the ones I have used are DG2813 based, use the DG2813 stem and hands, and have the DG2813 dial feet arrangement. This is why I cannot call them anything but a dg2836. The 2836-2 I have for the 1665 is an ETA asian clone. That I know. Used ETA stems, ETA hands and has ETA dial feet arrangement. Hence the Asian ETA. Ofrei has a really good deal on 2813s. Take advantage of it.

E

Well, technically, the ones I have used are DG2813 based, use the DG2813 stem and hands, and have the DG2813 dial feet arrangement. This is why I cannot call them anything but a dg2836.

So a DG2813 is a DG2836 to you? Afraid I am still confused by what you are trying to say. Regardless it is true that almost anything can be done with the right amount of effort and funds. But to address the OP's question you can swap the 4813 with the 2813 but you may run into problems with clearance due to the height of the CP.

So a DG2813 is a DG2836 to you? Afraid I am still confused by what you are trying to say. Regardless it is true that almost anything can be done with the right amount of effort and funds. But to address the OP's question you can swap the 4813 with the 2813 but you may run into problems with clearance due to the height of the CP.

Which is why I suggested not getting the 4813 from Ofrei, but rather the 2813. In' either case, this latest Asian ETA clone is working out to be a great little movement. Which is not the same as the DGs I have also tried. Just to be clear ;)

E