When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oh, Crap

TK471

Are you using a Bergeon or similar quality screw driver? If not, try with 1.4mm (I'm assuming you have a reg 44mm Pam case). The cheap ones are garbage and slip off the screw head easily. If you can get it out enough, you should be able to remove with needle nose pliers.

BTW, the rep screws are prone to stripping......they're junk. Good idea to replace them with quality after market 316L which should eliminate this problem.

Best of luck!

Failing that you may have to drill the bugger out.

JTB

That is something that I (or one of our esteemed watchmakers) can fix. What scares me is that the watch is ruined. If you're telling me that it's a pain in the ass, sure, but not ruined, then I'm fine with it.

Try having someone help you this way, unscrew the bar while you have someone else hold the watch and press on the other end of the screw with a pin or something to help push it out (assuming you can get at the other end). This can help getting it started and as you turn they press it out and it should come out easily.

RG

That is something that I (or one of our esteemed watchmakers) can fix. What scares me is that the watch is ruined. If you're telling me that it's a pain in the ass, sure, but not ruined, then I'm fine with it.

Great news! I got the bar out. I had to cut the strap off, which was no big deal since it was a cheap-o that came with the watch. I tried the screwbar from the other lug and it worked perfectly, which means that it was a screwbar problem, not a thread problem. That means all I have to do is buy some new screwbars!

Man, I am so relieved. There's some pretty bad scratches now on the lug, but those can be buffed. A good result!

Thanks to all who responded!

Zach