When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Day Date Size?

Epanoui

I just recently ordered a Day Date from PureTime. When I got it, it seemed huge. I just went and did some research and it looks like the correct size for a Day Date is 36mm. But PureTime's is 41mm!?

And even Josh's is 38mm

Is there a good reason that no one offers a Day Date with the correct case size?

You know Paul at Pam111 sells the old style DD- here it is w/ a 2813 movt.

http://www.prowatch888.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_56_77&products_id=2526

I bought one of these 4-5 years ago for a little bit more money and it came w/ a swiss 2836 (w/ the chinese mod to make it a DD).

Now days you spend $300 and get an automatic eta 2836

http://www.prowatch888.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_56_77&products_id=462

That translates to asian eta to me, but what can you do?

I've bought a number of watches from Paul over the years and always had good luck. In fact the DD arrived with a marker falling off the dial and Paul sent me a spare dial which my watchmaker installed for free or next to nothing. You just have to go gently w/ these dealers and they'll take care of you.

Andrew and Josh are other dealers that might have the 36 mm DD.

@alligoat, thank you for the link.

I almost pulled the trigger on the one from Paul, however, looking at the images, it looks like the bracelet is *really* bad quality. You can see on the end links where the two-tones come together that it looks just like one piece. Whereas on other bracelets you can distinctly see 3 pieces together with a clear seam. Does that make sense?

I found this one: http://www.sewatches.com/rolex-day-date-swiss-eta-2836-movement-full-gold-with-silver-dial-stick-marking-31828.html which appears to be a 36mm size AND the bracelet looks better, but I've never heard of this dealer before.

Does anyone have any advice on where I can find a 36mm Day Date with a decent bracelet from a trusted dealer? Or has anyone ever ordered from Sewatch before with okay results?

Paul's end links are three pieces, it just doesn't show in the pic. His bracelet is going to be the same as all the others, but I did swap a full gold YM oyster bracelet on my watch to give it a different look- I'm just not a Presidental type of guy.

I've never heard of sewatches. It's up to you if you want to take a chance. The thinking around here is stick with the trusted guys. You may have to become a supporter to gain access to the dealers on this forum.